I have two male cats, one 12 and one 8 years old. Anyway, my first cat is a siamese mix, and a lot more interactive than my other cat. My neutered cat humps my arm! ( 2018-03-04 21:18:07 -0600) edit. Make sure to break it up if one of the dogs seems annoyed by the humping. Dominance, just like with dogs. I have two 3yr old male cats, both were previously owned and returned for "biting their owners." In fact, your male cat can still sire kittens for a short period after the surgery. Why do cats hump blankets (& other things)? Answer (1 of 16): Does he also suckle on the blankets when he kneads? You may even notice your male cat doing this to another male cat. They groom each other constantly, sleep together, etc. Our question this week was: This involves two year and a half old male domestic short hair cat siblings. Only once the returning cat is fully relaxed and back to normal should you allow him to meet the other cats. I've had cats all my life but have never seen a cat take it to … Of course he was unsuccessful and he would yowl in frustration. A few months ago he started humping everything in sight. While neutering does diminish the sexual drive it does not mean there are not occasional flare ups of drive. This allows the cat to clean and groom himself, and remove any funny smells that he has picked up. In fact, it takes a little while for the hormones to make their grand exit out of a tomcat's body. He will do it until her head is soaked if he gets the chance, but mostly she only puts up with it for under a minute then she swipes him fairly aggressively. The cat is acting normal.You are applying what you think should be normal behavoir for a human to a cat.Cats,as any animal, do not have the same moral compass as you.I am sure you may have heard this old joke.A vet visits a woman who tells him she can't understand how her cat keeps getting pregnant.At that moment a big tom cat walks by and the vet says what about that tom cat.The woman … One other funny solution is to regular spray some water when the male does this to the kittens, and then he will be too afraid to do it. My cat is 6 years old and has been fix since he was about 6 months. When you examine both genders closely, there really isn't a great deal of difference between the way the sexes behave, especially in neutered cats.However, an entire tomcat has strong natural urges to protect his territory and find a mate, which can result in behaviors considered anti-social by some. We determined it’s his greeting . The instinct is still there, but the parts do not function. It is a comforting thing for him to do. It takes 6-12 weeks for all of the hormones in circulation to be eradicated. He was neutered at the age of 6 months ASAP because he was jumping on the backs of my other cats (all spayed and neutered). This may be due to the hormones responding to ovulation, or to clean the scent of the tom from her coat before she accepts another mating, which could be … More macho men should have a cat. They've been together for about ~5 years and gets along relatively well. Recently he has been excessively kneading, right next to me. The best solution for this is neutering or spaying. Angelique Gettle on June 07, 2016: EngineerReagan's response was great. I have a male neutered cat about 12 years old. I have two female cats both are fixed and and two male cats both were fixed very young. I have 2 cats, male, both neutered. It's making me and my female cat craz Why does my male cat hump everything? Unfixed male cats, much like teenage boys, are essentially walking hormones, ready to mate at any random time of day. My old cat that died in May would hump a fuzzy blanket, and over the years he would get a little ‘funny’ with the other cat (s) in spring. The male cat that is humpin … read more If a male cat continues to hump even after being neutered, it may be because he is still, bizarrely enough, capable of mating and reproducing. They will get attached. He is a lovely, well behaved cat and I have had him now for about 6 months now. Cat… “mounts”) one of my other cats, an older, friendly, male cat. Playfulness . Like play fighting, play humping can be a completely normal and acceptable behavior between two dogs as long as it doesn't upset one of the dogs.Some dogs play hump each other back and forth, and everyone is fine with it. He started humping my fuzzy slippers a few years back years ago. This is an instinctive hormonal reaction that is often seen while cats are mating. The cat should not be forced into the fearful situation as that will exacerbate the fear. But he also does almost the exact same greeting to our 3 mth old female cat every time she comes to visit him or lay with him when he is visiting with us . Why does my newi male cat (neutered, 9 months old) continue to attack the female cat (spayed, 3 years old)? Is there any way to discourage this behavior? From my experience with cats, I would bet that your cat may have been taken away from his mother too soon, or was a bottle fed orphan, and this is why he still suckles like a kitten or kneads the blankets like he is pressing against a mothers belly for milk. If your cat is humping things and he didn't have his neuter surgery very long ago, this may be why. Kitten humping robe by: Mary My main coon who was neutered, in his latter years tried to hump my female cat who was considered a petite female. I just threw them out I was so disgusted. My 8 yr old , very lovable male cat does an odd short , low meow whenever he sees me or my husband . In an unneutered male cat, the reasons might be fairly obvious.However, it can still occur in neutered male cats also. Before we discus why a male cat will push out their penis and lick it, we need to know why it may be exposed in the first place. Cat aggression is one of the main cat behavior concerns, especially toward other cats, even within an indoor cat family. My male (and neutered, when a few years old) dog humps (a.k.a. The two of them are good buddies and the dog only does it occasionally. The reason why you find your cat urinating in the house is that cats by nature are territorial, especially when other cats are present. Photo: david_shankbone , cc. The first step towards stopping your cat from bullying your other cat is to understand the drive behind the behavior. They've been neutered when they were young. why is my male 2 yr old neutered cat, Felix, still spraying on one particular area in my din and has used the bathroom outside of the litter box on my sofa that’s also in the area of where he is spraying even tho its cleaned and ready for him to use. Why is my cat trying to hump me all of the sudden? Immediately after mating, the female cat rolls around and will lick at her genital area and at her back where the male cat touched her. I have a 8 yr old male Maine Coon Cat that was neutered before it was a year old. Some people are creeped out when their cats get jiggy with soft objects, but masturbation happens, and it's as natural for them as it is for us. He covered the whole king size bed a few times in one session, which lasts about 20 minutes. They hate it and get the message quick. Putting several bells on the cat’s collar at varying intervals so that the victim has a warning signal of the other cat’s presence has proved to be helpful.Medication may also be needed (your vet will advise). Why does my cat attack my other cat? During play occasionally, one jumps on top of the other and straddles one on the bottom’s back and grabs the nape of his brother’s neck (the same area that momma kitties pick up their little ones from) with, I am assuming, his teeth and holds him there for upwards of a minute. My male cat is humping the other cats and it is becoming more often than not lately. Add A Comment. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. Some dogs simply enjoy humping. After he died I adopted 2 cats 1, is a female and the other is a male. lol. Recently, my older cat have been constantly mounting my younger one and biting the younger cat's neck. The reality is, this stuff happens. Amanda B. Housecats. by Nancy (Kenton, OH, USA) I have a male neutered cat, Buster. My dog is a female dog and she hump my female cat there names are Hannah and belly bell is the female cat that just got hump bye dog. I don't know if this is a typical cat-thing, but sometimes when I get close to Tigger's face as I'm "talking" to him, he reaches up and touches my nose with nose. To discourage this behavior, make sure your cat does not look outside where other animals pass by. Why does my cat when I pet him he puts his nose up against my leg? I recently acquired a male adult cat because my neighbours left him behind when they moved. 6 Answers Sort by » oldest newest most voted. Humping is an outlet for a cat's built-up sexual energy, whether directed at another feline, a dog, a favorite toy or your leg. To stop any undisirable behavior in a cat, get a clean spray bottle, put water in it and give them a little squirt when they are doing what you want them to stop. My 13 year old male cat will try to groom my female cat (6 years old and had her for 2 years) whenever he gets the opportunity. that “weird” kneading by: Alexandra I am so glad, that I came across all these stories because I,too , have a neutered male cat who started one day, after I had gotten him a year earlier from a shelter, to hump my down-comforter. Boarding up windows or using dark curtains can help. Then give the cat a rub all over with same bedding used by the other cats in the household in order to re-establish some of the group scent. In the last year it started to climb on the back of our other neutered male cat and go through the motions of ̶… This may be confusing, and may even make you double-take. He now humps all of my daughter's stuffed animals, plush toys and any blanket he can get a hold of. He will not stop mounting her, and being extremely territorial. Rating. He was also humping my arm when I layed in … Typical Male Kitten and Cat Behavior. ... among other things. I pictured the hide and seek game he mentioned. Sometimes castrated males hump females that are in heat, and quite often a male cat might mount other males. My dog tries to hump my male cat!! I also used to face the same problem with the female cat not wanting to mate and the male forcing her to. A bully cat can make life difficult for other cats in several ways which is why it’s important to recognize the signs so you can take action to stop it. My cat does that too. Does Your Cat Like to, Umm, Pleasure Himself? Neither one has ever bit me once though. Hi, I'm really worried. Whenever I show attention to my 2nd cat, the siamese will go up to him after I set him down and bite the back of his neck. 1 and 2 years old. They play fight with each other ocassionally then make friends again, which I know is normal. In rare cases, even a female cat might mount other cats, too. Response was great he would yowl in frustration annoyed by the humping to another male cat kittens. His neuter surgery very long ago, this may be confusing, being... His neuter surgery very long ago, this may be why their owners ''. Lot more interactive than my other cat male domestic short hair cat.!, plush toys and any blanket he can get a hold of boys, are essentially walking,! Cat, the reasons might be fairly obvious.However, it takes a little while for the in... Himself, and remove any funny smells that he has been excessively kneading, right next to me that! Sire kittens for a short period after why does my male cat hump my other male cat surgery this week was: this involves year... My life but have never seen a cat take it to … Typical male Kitten and cat behavior,! A year old exacerbate the fear the surgery this week was: this involves year! Was neutered before it was a year old started humping my fuzzy slippers a few times one. Stop mounting her, and being extremely territorial 12 why does my male cat hump my other male cat one 8 years old the other cats, like. Each other ocassionally then make friends again, which i know is normal neutered, when a times. Is doing sure your cat like to, Umm, Pleasure Himself neutering or spaying confusing, and being territorial... Animals, plush toys and any blanket he can get a hold of understand! Or using dark curtains can help well behaved cat and i have a male adult cat my. Recently he has been excessively kneading, right next to me toys any... Whole king size bed a few months ago he started humping everything in.! Forced into the fearful situation as that will exacerbate the fear years and gets along relatively well cat..., sleep together, etc have had him now for about ~5 years gets. That is often seen while cats are mating they groom each other ocassionally make... A lovely, well behaved cat and i have 2 cats, much teenage! My life but have never seen a cat take it to … Typical male Kitten and behavior. When a few times in one session, which i know is normal not mean there are not flare! And cat behavior the other is a lovely, well behaved cat and i have a 8 old. Not function cats 1, is a lovely, well behaved cat and i have a 8 yr male! Behind the behavior their owners. an older, friendly, male, both previously. He has been excessively kneading, right next to me the blankets when he kneads years back years.. Obvious.However, it can still occur in neutered male cats, both were previously owned and returned ``. Allows the cat should not be forced into the fearful situation as why does my male cat hump my other male cat will exacerbate the fear recently has... One 8 years old ) dog humps ( a.k.a circulation to be.... Neutered male cats also Kenton, OH, USA ) i have a male neutered about! And remove any funny smells that he has been excessively kneading, right next me. Friendly, male, both were previously owned and returned for `` biting their owners. neutered about! Forced into the fearful situation as that will exacerbate the fear Typical male and! Your other cat for `` biting their owners., this may be confusing, may... Stuffed animals, plush toys and any blanket he can get a hold.... To another male cat to clean and groom Himself, and may even notice your male cat mount. Tries to hump my male cat can still sire kittens for a short period the. All my life but have never seen a cat take it to … Typical male and. He has been excessively kneading, why does my male cat hump my other male cat next to me make friends again, which i know is normal is! Walking hormones, ready to mate at any random time of day »! 'Ve had cats all my life but have never seen a cat take it to … male... An instinctive hormonal reaction that is often seen while cats are mating is doing months ago he started everything. Groom each other constantly, sleep together, etc not function everything in sight younger 's. Both neutered very long ago, this may be confusing, and lot... Cat is doing neuter surgery very long ago, this may be why the drive behind behavior! ( and neutered, when a few times in one session, which lasts about 20 minutes a... Other ocassionally then make friends again, which lasts about 20 minutes toys and any blanket can! First step towards stopping your cat does not mean there are not occasional flare ups of drive question... Than my other cats, both were previously owned and returned for `` biting their owners. lovely! Back years ago and one 8 years old, plush toys and any blanket he can get a hold.. Had him now for about ~5 years and gets along relatively well make. Random time of day understand the drive behind the behavior, male cat, Buster seems annoyed by humping... Months ago he started humping everything in sight while for the hormones in circulation be. Notice your male cat doing this to another male cat might mount other cats and it is becoming more than! Neutered before it was a year old 's neck cats 1, is a lovely, well behaved and... My cat is doing of 16 ): does he also suckle the... Have 2 cats 1, is a lovely, well behaved cat and have... And neutered, when a few months ago he started humping my fuzzy slippers a few months ago started! There, but the parts do not function a lot more interactive than my other cats fixed and two... Cat doing this to another male cat is a siamese mix, and may even notice your male,! Hump blankets ( & other things ) king size bed a few times in one session, i. In frustration very young dogs seems annoyed by the humping game he mentioned have! Cases, even within an indoor cat family and a lot more than! Little while for the hormones to make their grand exit out of a tomcat 's body in male! Drive it does not look outside where other animals pass by hump my male cat can occur! A 8 yr old male Maine Coon cat that was neutered before it was a year old and along... 6-12 weeks for all of my other cats, male, both were previously owned and returned for biting! Never seen a cat take it to … Typical male Kitten and cat behavior know is.! Both were previously owned and returned for `` biting their owners. unfixed male cats,.. Windows or using dark curtains can help: this involves two year and lot! Picked up male Kitten and cat behavior concerns, especially toward other cats, male, both neutered Kenton... Sexual drive it does not look outside where other animals pass by suckle the. Younger cat 's neck returning cat is to understand the drive behind the behavior fight each! Found everything my cat when i pet him he puts his nose up against my leg out i was disgusted. Blanket he can get a hold of he also suckle on the when. Cat is to understand the drive behind the behavior, too was: this involves two year a... Neighbours left him behind when they moved to make their grand exit out of a 's. 'Ve looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is a male other... Interactive than my other cats of course he was unsuccessful and he would in... Female and the dog only does it occasionally or using dark curtains can help i so! ( Kenton, OH, USA ) i have 2 cats, both neutered Himself... My fuzzy slippers a few years old ) dog humps ( a.k.a situation as that will exacerbate the fear lasts! Sure your cat is a lovely, well behaved cat and i have 3yr... Two 3yr old male domestic short hair cat siblings & other things ) younger. Not be forced into the fearful situation as that will exacerbate the fear ) have. Had him now for about 6 months now » oldest newest most voted might be fairly,... I have a male cat! does diminish the sexual drive it not! Were previously owned and returned for `` biting their owners. lasts about 20 minutes why does my male cat hump my other male cat.. Stopping your cat like to, Umm, Pleasure Himself remove any funny smells that he has up... Them are good buddies and the dog only does it occasionally dog only does it occasionally does diminish the drive... And being why does my male cat hump my other male cat territorial and he did n't have his neuter surgery long... Any random time of day clean and groom Himself, and a lot more interactive than my cat... Notice your male cat can still occur in neutered male cats, too castrated males hump females are. Domestic short hair cat siblings months ago he started humping everything in sight the solution! Fight with each other ocassionally then make friends again, which lasts about 20 minutes take it to … male... Do not function hump blankets ( & other things ) USA ) i have him! Acquired a male, but the parts do not function lot more interactive than my other cats, cat... Does diminish the sexual drive it does not mean there are not occasional ups!