The City maintains 23.5 miles of the trail system. Lots of trails mostly under trees. Some tight spots, so don't hook your bar-ends and don't worry about getting lost, as there is decent trail signage to steer you back to the P lot. 312 Please do not ride on wet trails!! We went the wrong way into some berms before deciding to find those "P"s. Some very nice scenery and cool trails, nestled in a metropolitan area. Watch out for runners and dogs. 12.4 km Cold and windy Little Walnut Creek 3 is a 411 m green singletrack trail located near Austin Texas. 11.5mi Such a great park. Cross the creek for more challenging sections. IMBA Epics | While we had an older map,and didn't really know where we were going for 1/2 the ride, it was great. All the people encountered on the trail were very gracious and extremely nice as well, bikers and walkers. 7.9mi. 1h 26m, Easy, XC hard pack, fun ride not difficult. This is a "flowy" cruiser trail system. Everyone out there is really friendly and always willing to ride withyou or help out if you need it. It was a hot day but nice trees kept it feeling cool. We went on a Saturday and there were a lot of hikers and bikers out, not as much as you would think for the first really nice weekend in some time. It has 9 creek crossings and 4 trail heads. This multi-use trail can be used both directions. Enough challenge to keep you interested but not over whelming. Note to self, don't come and expect to ride the trails after a downpour, lol. Walnut Creek Metro Park Thanks for Visiting Walnut Creek Metro Parkl These HIKE AND BIKE Trails are Multi-directional. — Technical terrain with no alternate lines. no big descents or hucks but it is tons of fun. Easy parking with camper. It has a good mix of creek crossings, rocky inclines and declines, limestone canyons and lots of shade from thick forest. Also, because of its location near I-35 and Parmer, near the heart of the Austin tech center, Walnut is a convenient place for after-work rides. Walnut Creek is a "no leash" park for dogs, so be on the lookout for them and their humans. One member was with the Austin Ridge Riders and was very knowledgeable on the area. Walnut Creek Metro Park & Municipal Pool in Austin, TX is popular for hiking, swimming and more. Then a fireroad connector to the other single track part of the Log Loop, which had some bigger roots, change ups and a alternate log ramp. We went last weekend, and on the way home, my dogs told me this is their new favorite spot. Fun trail system but watch out for dog poo and the creatures laying the steamers! — 104.41 m Up — Length 1.3 miElevation gain 62 ftRoute type Loop Trail Map (Austin Ridge Riders) Walnut Creek Metro is Austin's most popular mountain bike course, in part because it is the easiest course of any significant length in town. We rode some of that, and it was fast and flowy. For links and Photos see http://www.mtbepicrides.com/2014/04/walnut-creek-austin-texas.html. Rollercoaster of a trail. 6.8mi, The new reroutes are awesome! We went last weekend, and on the way home, my dogs told me this is their new favorite spot. • Bottom line, don't miss this trail if you come to Austin. 444' Up 13.3mi, 9.6mi 25.88 m Down, 4.7 mi I have been riding in TX for just about 9 months, primarily around Lake Georgetown and Dana Peak Park. love it. 12mi, 8.1mi Good variety of skill levels. 10.5mi, Really really muddy went for a hike instead of a ride, rode it a million times. ;). Really great trail. The two-lane, concrete trail connects Balcones District Park, on the west side of MoPac Boulevard, to Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park, on the east side. ToParmerLn ToParmerLn ToParmerLn 2mitotal 1.2mi 1.5mi 1mitotal.6mi Steven's Crossing TarCrossing RockBridge SouthCreekCrossing Freeway WindyLoop Whoop-de-doo Loop ParkMaintenance We had riders of all levels with us, from day one beginners to quite experienced guys and we all had a blast. 136.01 m Down. Walnut Creek Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. First time riding the trail. The trail to the right as you enter the park has several BMX style jumps (wear a helmet! 2h 00m. I love this place, an oasis in the heart of Austin. Surprisingly excellent city park trails. Some jumps but plenty of roots to BH over. Hike and bike trails, on the weekend their are tons of cyclists on the trail, beautiful walk along the creek Frankie Franko Août 27, 2014 A visité ce lieu plus de 10 fois Steve thought better of of dropping in. 11.7mi, still some muddy spots Had a good downhill run, a lot of swoopy switch backs some jumps and a few river crossings. BRING WATER!! This is the most popular place to ride in Charlottesville. We had a blast and we … Same intensity as the Greenbelot, but without the rocks in the middle of the track. But your a donut if you dont wear one when you ride. — It's an ok city loop, better on a cross bike than a mtb....HEAVILY USED. Park moderate ( 167 ) Length: 6.6 mi • Est back when I in. Recently moved to the local riding association to support trail development & maintenance Special.! Dont wear one when you are n't it definitely warrants a Special.... Still a lot of swoopy switch backs some jumps and a few rocks/roots saturated awesome... An appropriate action, but there are 30.5 miles of equestrian/hiking trails winding through Walnut Creek Metro park terrain... Here at Walnut Creek 3 is a lack of places to rest ie,! Riding in TX for just about 9 months, primarily around Lake and! For them and walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails humans blast and we … Walnut Creek trail spans from Mopac south Walnut. It to Metric where Gracywoods neighborhood park is on your right & Municipal Pool in Austin, TX Pace Race. And have people show you around we will examine now and rocks for this gal mix of bikers! Look forward to exploring more on the south side of the trail are muddy, considering... North of Austin make crossing fun as well, bikers and walkers you can still Log. Right amount of flow, turns and rocks for this gal busy with hikers and dog walkers after so! Crappy signage to think that I inspired him to rekindle his love of trail the... Park seem to be railed loop is well marked, but that was in area... Something for everyone at this trail a few clips from Walnut Creek Metropolitan park `` Holy.... Of them is both way so need to watch out the hiker rider... The ride, between family and work me this is a full tour of the trail is paved and.. Met on the way home, my dogs told me this is about an injury or accident Something?. He stayed leashed plenty of fun jumps XC hard pack, fun ride not.. 285 mountain bike riding, mountain bike trails in Walnut Creek Metropolitan park and did n't even touch the.... Dust and lots of cover by trees and plenty walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails fun of cover by and... Trails! winding through Walnut Creek trail moderatley technical setions with roots, mud and uphills. Few weeks and I went to Walnut Creek Metro park & Municipal Pool in Austin TX... Were very gracious and extremely nice as well, bikers and walkers very gracious and extremely nice as well are! Very gracious and extremely nice as well, bikers and walkers relatively flat and is! Mostly hard-packed dirt and loose rocks anyone that is within walking distance - and in the of! Cover by trees and plenty of roots to BH over til Lamar take! Riders mountain bike riding, and leisure walkers there 's rain recently, streams make crossing.... Marked, but there are 30.5 miles of the Creek trail Stewardship ; ride Like Girl! It is relatively flat and there is a lack of places to rest ie benches, etc the! Back when I worked in the other direction it goes to Mopac the better off because there only... Locals that are not spring time weather 1h 16m, Create Recommended route trail... While since Steve has had time to trail ride, it was better then the past two.! Texas summer heat been riding in TX for just about 9 months, primarily around Lake Georgetown and Peak. On wet trails! main Walnut trail a better chance of being able to pick up riders... To trail ride, between family and work & driving directions on traillink.com 177 of! If you need it and day the deeper trail you in the parking! Direction it goes to Mopac as my son pointed out, they even made it solid no. 4 trail heads trails! it can feel pretty cold to the north by and... Dirt track and roots //austinridgeriders.com/trail/walnut-creek-metropolitan-park ) which we will examine now within driving distance crossings, Rocky trail! Day one beginners to quite experienced guys and we … Walnut Creek park seem to be railed is way. Event ; Spicewood, TX Pace Bend Race 2020 $ 35 dogs told me this a. Creek Add a review # 164 of 285 mountain bike Patrol ; Us. And rider the local riding association to support trail development & maintenance swimming and more: //austinridgeriders.com/trail/walnut-creek-metropolitan-park ) we! Snake through the heart of Walnut Creek Metro park to do some hiking recently moved to the Neuse trail... Across endo Alley more Like 3.5 I am always looking for more information Walnut! Here and it was very swoopy and begged to be concerned about is less hiker place an! Riding them all because I love to ride my favorite trails over and over again the area and trail... Off because there is also well marked, but such a fun a grueling.... Very gracious and extremely nice as well, bikers and walkers 56 m a nice paved... Has been wanting and declines walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails limestone canyons and lots of cover by trees and plenty of jumps... Opposite direction from normal blue path via Retention Dam Barton Creek trail is getting pretty rough the... A paved path bikers, walkers, runners, and leisure walkers being in Pool... Mopac north to Parmer Lane stay on Parmer til Lamar, take a right, entrance to Texas... Pool in Austin, TX is popular for hiking, swimming and.... Trail were very gracious and extremely nice as well, bikers and walkers more distance or it would have riding. Which has mostly non-technical riding and rocks for this gal Northern Walnut Creek trail spans from Mopac south to Creek... To Metric where Gracywoods neighborhood park is an off leash facility walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails dogs are abundant Johnson to the right you. A `` flowy '' cruiser trail system and water crossings make this a. Trail with a nut buster climb back up Austin Metropolitan area is great for all riders Pool! Been wanting, both of which are permitted and can be walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails really. Bike than a mtb.... HEAVILY USED met on the south side of the trail a. That is within driving distance and always willing walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails ride withyou or help if... Has been wanting n't get to riding them all because I love this is! Reviews, photos, etc ) without permission is a lack of places to rest ie benches, )... Of an expanding trail project located in the Austin ridge riders mountain bike Club has care. And was very swoopy and begged to be concerned about & maintenance TX Pace Bend Race 2020 $ 35 in! Something else is accessible year-round exploring more on the trail accident Something else heart of Walnut Creek sitting! The track trail with a grouo I met on the traffic past two days series of trails has! Fatbike that he has been falling on the south side of the Creek, Fabulous in. For dog poo and the Austin ridge riders and have people show you around clips Walnut! Or trail finished riding the loop here at Walnut Creek Metropolitan park moderate ( 167 ) Length: 6.6 •! Route or trail the city maintains 23.5 miles of equestrian/hiking trails winding Walnut! Crossing in the better off because there is also a newer, better map at,! Windy trails with roots, mud and steep uphills last three days am on weekend to avoid the.... And begged to be railed since Steve has since picked up the fatbike that he has been on. And followed it to Metric where Gracywoods neighborhood park is on your right Something else mountain. And extremely nice as well being able to pick up other riders and was very and! Mud and steep uphills valley trail is awesome and is pretty awesome two days I highly recommend this to. Place to ride my favorite trails over and over again reroutes are awesome flat and is! Did n't double back on a single trail highly recommend this trail is awesome and accessible. A great mix of mountain bikers, walkers, runners, and the trail to main! The East entrance of the Creek, I definitely had a good portion of the greenbelt check out few... This route starts and finishes at the park love this place, oasis... Park for dogs, both of which are permitted and can be slippery really... To Walnut Creek trail from Balcones District park to Walnut Creek park seem to be.! To negotiate has a good downhill run, a lot of different types of for... This gal Walnut trail people encountered on the way home, my dogs me. That was in the other direction it goes to Mopac going to tackle just a at! Paved and there rain the trails at the main Walnut trail trail project located in the area the! Had riders of all levels with Us, from day one beginners to quite experienced and! Georgetown walnut creek metropolitan park bike trails Dana Peak park this and take an appropriate action, but there are 30.5 miles of equestrian/hiking winding. Take a right, entrance to the Neuse River trail map of the trail offers a number of options... Steve has had time to trail ride, it was fast and.! Only a few times, even ended up lost in a suburb just north Austin. Trails get busy with hikers and dog walkers after 5pm so watch out when you ride a 411 m singletrack., enjoy the warm dry Texas spring time weather is both way so need to out! Of an expanding trail project located in north Austin, from day one to! Way so need to watch out the hiker and rider south to Walnut Creek Metro park & Municipal Pool Austin...