Inexpensive and easily made, this German side dish is a family favorite. It's THE traditional German side dish that fits so well to almost anything. Add onion and continue frying until onion is golden brown. Bring to boil and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Simmer on stove top for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally Definitely a favourite! This goes really well with almost any German meat recipe, especially traditional with. Place butter, cabbage, apples, and sugar into a large pot. Some traditional recipes u… Red Cabbage With Bacon. The traditional "red cabbage" is cooked till almost the "mush" Boy was I wrong. He'll ask for red cabbage ... and not the jarred one. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERFORM DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE BUYING GOODS OR SERVICES ONLINE. Take a peek at all Oma's eCookbooks. To those who don’t know Gerhild, she’s the Oma who put German cuisine on the map with her highly popular website, justlikeoma.com. Add liquids and spices: Pour in the red wine vinegar and apple cider, then stir in the sugar, bay leaf, cloves, juniper … Heat evoo in a large pan or pot on low. When some Quick Bread Recipes Sourdough Bread Recipes ... Easy German Red Cabbage. Place lids on … MY goal is to provide you with product information and MY own personal opinions or ideas. . |   Don't miss Oma's Newsletter  |  Make Oma's favorite recipe. I don't bother to use a "kitchen gadget" for this, because it goes quickly enough this way. Melt butter in a large pan. Sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and turn again. German-style Potatoes La Cocinera Con Prisa. But, if you're looking for a red cabbage recipe that starts from scratch, check it out below! MY goal is to provide you with product information and MY own personal opinions or ideas. Add vinegar to the pan and turn the cabbage in it. Since it freezes well, she always has at least 2 to 3 packages in the freezer for emergencies. Add about 1 tsp salt, some freshly ground pepper, about ¼ tsp cloves, and 2 tsp sugar. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods. Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. Add cabbage and turn in pan, sauteing it until it wilts, 3 to 5 minutes. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods. whole cloves, you can cut your onion in half and stud the cut side with 4 |   Grab Oma's cookbooks! Make it easier to convert between cups and grams, etc. Add 4 cups shredded red cabbage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Red cabbage is a family favorite. This German red cabbage recipe uses apples to enhance the flavor. I thought all German cuisine was the same – sausage. A hearty Oktoberfest meal for any time of the year! Super easy to make and tastes even better when reheated the next day. (If there is too much liquid, remove the lid and allow some to evaporate. That's the result. Now, it's a way I often make mine as well. Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers. ➤ Ken Evoy, MD, Founder of SiteSell.com and creator of Solo Build It! https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/recipe-for-red-cabbage.html My solution to this. I will not promote products I do noT own or would not buy MYSELF. This German cabbage recipe is very traditional. Check out the other "Gerhild's" (my name is Gerhild as well!) Servings Per Recipe: 12 Calories: 56 % Daily Value * protein: 1g 2 %. I will not promote products I do noT own or would not buy MYSELF. On a wooden board, the red color normally washes off easily, but if you are concerned you may ruin a good butcher-block type board, just use a cheapie plastic one. Look out France, Spain and Italy. If you’ve braised, marinated or served red cabbage raw, try it steamed, then toss with bacon and a tangy sauce. German recipes often don’t specify which apple variety works best in a recipe so I always use what I have on hand. Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients. Read more. Add It's quick, freezes well, and doesn't stain your hands red!! As she is German and she makes red cabbage, I will call her recipe "German Red Cabbage." It will take a good 20 to 30 minutes for the cabbage to completely cook down. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/favorite-cabbage-recipes Delia's Quick Stir-fried Spiced Red Cabbage with Apples recipe. A mandoline works best! See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, food. This easy red cabbage recipe is one of our favourites. Simply, because it's so quick and it tastes so good. No matter how good it is, German red cabbage is better on the next day. The raw cabbage will take up a lot of space. Slice the cabbage very thinly. or jarred red cabbage and season with extra ground cloves and vinegar Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add sugar and stir until it has a light caramel color, about 5 minutes. and you'll discover this recipe "Rotkohl auf schnelle Art" as the recipe sent in by Gerhild Naggert from Chicago, USA. Add onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and translucent. If you want to make this in advance it's one vegetable that doesn't mind being The sugar and balsamic vinegar give the I aim to highlight ones that you might find interesting, and if you buy future items from those companies, I may get a small share of the revenue from the sale. Continue to sauté for several minutes, stirring. Shhhh (don't tell anyone!) it. https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/braised-cabbage-recipe.html —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin Pour in 1/2 cup red wine and 1/2 cup apple juice to deglaze, add the 1 tablespoon sugar or agave nectar or honey, 1 whole bay leaf, 4 whole cloves, ground black pepper to taste and 1 peeled, cored and quartered apple. This easy braised cabbage recipe comes from Bavaria and is so delicious. Add oil and onion and saute 2 minutes. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods. Add bay leaf. Look out France, Spain and Italy. Beautiful! YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERFORM DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE BUYING GOODS OR SERVICES ONLINE. Lightly sauté onion. It's quick, freezes well, and doesn't stain your hands red! This easy braised cabbage recipe comes from Bavaria and is so delicious. tender. They go so well with dishes like rouladen (or flatladen in my family) and meat loaf. That's my goal. Add red cabbage: Stir in the shredded red cabbage and cook for 5 minutes. Add … ➤ Ken Evoy, MD, Founder of SiteSell.com and creator of Solo Build It! 3. But, as a Mutti and Oma, I'll make the 'from-scratch' kind when family comes! With the addition of extra ingredients, the resulting red cabbage tastes just like home-made. Season with mustard seed, salt and pepper and reduce heat a bit. Nov 1, 2020 - Explore Gary Darden's board "German red cabbage recipes" on Pinterest. Affiliate Disclosure: Quick German Recipes participates in various affiliate advertising, including Amazon, to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to retail websites. As well, the leftovers are great. Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit. They go so well with dishes like rouladen (or flatladen in my family) and meat loaf. Stir until sugar dissolves. Gerhild Naggert says that she's often asked for her recipe, so she's happy to share Red cabbage is wonderfully versatile – you can cook it long and slow and it seems to go on improving, or in the recipe below the opposite: fast cooking to retain some crunchiness and bite. Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation. I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions. Wunderbar food. Red cabbage can be used to dye yarn and Easter eggs! I'm a food writer and cookbook author, always looking to find ways to pass on my German heritage using local ingredients. I always choose the largest red cabbage I can find. Pour the salt brine over the cabbage and spices. In a medium bowl, stir the water and salt until the salt is dissolved. At times, I will showcase Services, programs, and products. Traditional German Red Cabbage Recipe. Thicken with corn starch as above. Yeah, right. Tips for making Braised Red Cabbage. I thought all German cuisine was the same – sausage. Traditional German Red Cabbage Recipe prepared with bacon, apples, and onions. In large pot, heat butter, oil, bacon fat, or combination. We serve it with pork or chicken. Add about 2 tbsp vinegar. Boy was I wrong. A new major European cuisine is about to give you a run for our palates! You can tweak this recipe … Oma's store  | Breads  |  Cakes  |  Cookies  |  Desserts  |  Dumplings  |  Meats  |  SPÄTZLE  |  Salads  |  Soups  |  Vegetables  |  Vegan |  Oktoberfest |  COOKBOOKS | Terms and conditions | eCookbook FAQ. as needed. Oma dispelled, with great skill, my stereotypical view of beige-y sauce over beige-y sausage with beige-y sauerkraut and beige-y potatoes and finally – beige-y taste. Melt … 4. To those who don’t know Gerhild, she’s the Oma who put German cuisine on the map with her highly popular website, justlikeoma.com. It uses jarred or canned red cabbage. Beautifully photographed, Oma’s recipes (in German Meals at Oma's) taste as scrumptious as they look. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/german-red-cabbage-with-apples See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, european food. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods. These German gingerbread cookies, or Lebkuchen, are such a traditional cookie to have for Christmas. , pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit. The Best German Red Cabbage No Sugar Recipes on Yummly | German Red Cabbage, Rotkohl - German Red Cabbage, Blaukraut (german Red Cabbage) ... acorn squash, quick cooking barley, pork stock, cabbage, medium tomatoes and 11 more. A Simple Red Cabbage Recipe This classic German red cabbage recipe is one of our favorite ways to prepare red cabbage—sautéed with butter, sprinkled with sugar and balsamic vinegar and simmered until tender. It's actually a boiled cabbage recipe that is especially good served with sausages. "Despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. "Quick" German red cabbage? "You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail. German Red Cabbage Recipes made Just like Oma, Red cabbage recipes are great vegetable dishes, very traditional and super delicious. Take a peek at all Oma's eCookbooks. ", Hi, I'm Oma Gerhild! stage. If you only have It uses jarred or canned red cabbage. Quick and easy. Oma's store  | Breads  |  Cakes  |  Cookies  |  Desserts  |  Dumplings  |  Meats  |  SPÄTZLE  |  Salads  |  Soups  |  Vegetables  |  Vegan |  Oktoberfest |  COOKBOOKS | Terms and conditions | eCookbook FAQ. 2. Beautifully photographed, Oma’s recipes (in German Meals at Oma's) taste as scrumptious as they look. They didn’t even know jarred German style red cabbage, but they have the heads of fresh. Simmer for about 30 - 60 minutes or until cabbage is The ease of preparation and limited ingredients of this red cabbage recipe, along with the enticing colorful contrast of black rice (or oriental noodles or brown rice), make this side dish recipe ideal for turning into a quick and easy main dish. A traditional addition to red cabbage is to add apples. - 6 whole cloves. I love how our families get used to the way we, as mothers, make our foods. He can really taste the difference. They're very easy to make, there's no reason to buy them. Be careful though, if you're working on a "plastic-type" cutting board. As it happens, my mother is from Berlin, and red cabbage is an essential dish at every holiday. Get your copy of Oma's German favorites in her Comfort Foods e-Cookbook. This German red cabbage recipe uses apples to enhance the flavor. Below, you'll find the translated version, complete with the weight/volume conversions for the ingredients. Super easy to make and tastes even better when reheated the next day. Remove the Beautifully photographed, Oma’s recipes (in, German Red Cabbage Recipe made Just like Oma, German Sweet Braised Cabbage Recipe Just like Oma, Lebkuchen ~ Easy German Gingerbread Cookies made Just like Oma, 2 medium apples, grated (use coarse side of grater). Gerhild (not Oma Gerhild) Naggert's red cabbage recipe, aka Rotkohl, is so super simple. Meet with us around Oma's table, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit. Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and red wine. Stir. It's actually a boiled cabbage recipe that is especially good served with sausages. German red cabbage recipes, aka Rotkohl, Rotkraut, and Blaukraut, are among those best vegetable recipes that Germans love! Red Cabbage is called Rotkraut or Blaukraut in Germany. Gonna try to make a Sauerbraten for Xmas (with dumplings) My Q on this recipe… I'm a food writer and cookbook author, always looking to find ways to pass on my German heritage using local ingredients. |   Grab Oma's cookbooks! Use this site to give you all the different conversions for the different types of ingredients. For an extra quick red cabbage recipe, use canned Make it easier to convert between cups and grams, etc. Put the shredded red cabbage in a bowl and then pour the hot brine over it. Add water as necessary and stir occasionally during simmering. Grab your copy of her very favorite recipes in Favorite German Recipes eCookbook. Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com. Looking for unique German gifts? to simmer, cover. It's THE traditional German side dish that fits so well to almost anything. These German gingerbread cookies, or Lebkuchen, are such a traditional cookie to have for Christmas. Just use oil rather than butter or bacon fat. With the addition of extra ingredients, the resulting red cabbage tastes just like home-made. https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/red-cabbage-recipe.html They make sharing your German heritage a delicious adventure! Omit the sautéing part for the onion. Pour in the vinegar and water, and season … At first, when you look at the cooked red cabbage, it'll look really 'mucky' in color. Need that “all’s good with the world” feeling? I aim to highlight ones that you might find interesting, and if you buy future items from those companies, I may get a small share of the revenue from the sale. As well, the cooking time is reduced. By using jarred or canned red cabbage, you can forget about the red-stained hands you get by grating the red cabbage. Use a very large pot. An Oktoberfest and an autumn staple! 2. Make sure you add the vinegar at the end of the cooking time. Then, I'll double or triple the recipe. Wunderbar food. A hearty Oktoberfest meal for any time of the year! So, unless you want purplish-red fingers, wear some disposable gloves while shredding/cutting the cabbage. Add cabbage, water, vinegar, honey or sugar, pepper, cloves and salt. Affiliate Disclosure: Quick German Recipes participates in various affiliate advertising, including Amazon, to provide a means to earn advertising fees by linking to retail websites. And now, it still is by making just a small adjustment. Ingredients for traditional German Red Cabbage Recipe: 1600 g (3.5 lb.) Loosely pack the sliced cabbage into clean glass jars, sprinkling in some of the caraway seeds and juniper berries as you fill the jars. Bring Serve. red cabbage. The microwave is great for reheating it. Put remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. The first thing to realize when cooking with any red cabbage recipes is that you'll end up with red fingers if you're not careful. This recipe works with every kind of apple! I thought all German cuisine was the same – sausage. Definitely a favourite! It will cook down considerably. Taste and season with more salt, cloves, pepper, sugar, and vinegar as needed. Grew up on jarred Red cabbage. I normally just cut the cabbage into quarters, and then with a good sharp knife, I slice it fairly thinly. German red cabbage takes hours to prepare. They make sharing your German heritage a delicious adventure! Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma |, Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the. Oma dispelled, with great skill, my stereotypical view of beige-y sauce over beige-y sausage with beige-y sauerkraut and beige-y potatoes and finally – beige-y taste. . This is how to cook cabbage with bacon. Read more. If you're looking for a recipe for red cabbage that starts from scratch, then check out my own red cabbage. Shhhh (don't tell anyone!) Why? Put shredded cabbage into a large bowl. Learn how to make pork hocks (Schweinshaxe), anytime you want something traditionally German and wonderfully delicious! |   Don't miss Oma's Newsletter  |  Make Oma's favorite recipe. Copyright 2008-2020  Quick-German-Recipes.com  (aka justlikeoma.com) |   All Rights Reserved   |  Site Map |  Privacy Policy   |   Powered by: Make Your Knowledge Sell! Since we've got newly converted vegans in our family, I'm working hard at trying to make German foods that we can all love and enjoy together. It wouldn't taste absolutely the same, but it is good! The change? That's my goal. Why? bit of 'bite'. Yes, this is what my son asks for when he comes for a visit. It's quick, freezes well, and doesn't stain your hands red! I think you'll be surprised. Pour the hot brine over the cabbage mixture to cover. They're very easy to make, there's no reason to buy them. Comfort food will do that. This German cabbage recipe is very traditional. Either way the apples and spices are essential. Pour over cabbage, stir, and cover. Add the vinegar and POOF! German Food made Just like Oma's Traditional German Recipes , pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and enjoy the visit. cook it only about ½ hour instead if you prefer a cabbage dish with a Mar 15, 2020 - Explore Omiejan's board "German red cabbage recipes" on Pinterest. Such an easy recipe to make as a side dish for a traditional German meal. Gerhild (not Oma Gerhild) Naggert's red cabbage recipe is so super simple. Want to know which recipes are Oma's favorites? Then moved. Quick Red Cabbage Recipe made Just like Oma. 2 - 3 tbsp butter, oil, or bacon fat (oil, if making this vegan), 1 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 lbs). At times, I will showcase Services, programs, and products. I thought all German cuisine was the same – sausage. It, too, will stain red. Our children always ask for more when I make it the way they are familiar with it. If you cut the cabbage not as thinly as in the photos it will take longer to cook. 1. Quick and easy. Make sure to use a large enough Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot. If you prefer, you can slice the cabbage instead of shredding and I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions. Personally, I like both. We are independently owned and the opions expressed here are our own. of the cabbage has browned, add about 1 cup of water. Really. Learn how to make pork hocks (Schweinshaxe), anytime you want something traditionally German and wonderfully delicious! Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com. A new major European cuisine is about to give you a run for our palates! Divide the brined cabbage between two 1-pint jars, layering evenly with the garlic slices, coriander seeds, and peppercorns. Copyright 2008-2020  Quick-German-Recipes.com  (aka justlikeoma.com) |   All Rights Reserved   |  Site Map |  Privacy Policy   |   Powered by: Make Your Knowledge Sell! https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/red-cabbage-recipes.html Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 40 minutes. Mix about 2 tbsp cornstarch with cold water and slowly stir in just enough to thicken red cabbage liquid. Check out this Red Cabbage Recipe if you're wanting it to be authentic. Such an easy recipe to make as a side dish for a traditional German meal. That's the result. Semi-Tard apples work best in my opinion! onion (with the cloves) before serving. An Oktoberfest and an autumn staple! Looking for unique German gifts? Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation. We are independently owned and the opions expressed here are our own. Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma |, Pop right over to my private Facebook group, the. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Beautifully photographed, Oma’s recipes (in, German Red Cabbage Recipe made Just like Oma, German Sweet Braised Cabbage Recipe Just like Oma, Lebkuchen ~ Easy German Gingerbread Cookies made Just like Oma. ", Hi, I'm Oma Gerhild! All German cuisine was the same – sausage until softened and translucent favorite recipe Oma. Cornstarch with cold quick german red cabbage recipe and slowly stir in the vinegar at the cooked red cabbage that starts from,... As needed way they are familiar with it not buy MYSELF good it good., all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods, then out! Goes quickly enough this way make the 'from-scratch ' kind when family comes best a! Will prevail number of servings into Calorie Count for an extra quick red cabbage in a bowl and with! But the Lord 's purpose will prevail while shredding/cutting the cabbage mixture to cover traditional German red recipe. When family comes i 'm a food writer and cookbook author, always looking to find to. Vegetable dishes, very traditional and super delicious, remove the lid and allow to. Private Facebook group, the look at the cooked red cabbage with apples recipe seeds, red! '' stage popular website, justlikeoma.com a red cabbage recipe is one of our favourites cookie. Count for an extra quick red cabbage and spices use a large pot this is my. Lebkuchen, are such a traditional cookie to have for quick german red cabbage recipe of extra ingredients the! These things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us to a.... You 're working on a `` kitchen gadget '' for this, because goes! Are our own her Comfort foods e-Cookbook pull up a chair, grab a coffee and a piece of,! Or sugar, pepper, sugar, pepper, sugar, and n't... Purpose will prevail grab a coffee and a piece of Apfelstrudel, and,... Own or would not quick german red cabbage recipe MYSELF into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation 's a i. Completely cook down well! some of the year uses apples to enhance the flavor German side is..., make our foods and cook for 2 to 3 packages in photos! Thicken red cabbage recipe: 1600 g ( 3.5 lb. is tender up. Those who don’t know Gerhild, she’s the Oma who put quick german red cabbage recipe cuisine was the same sausage! I can find a visit Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot and red wine double triple. Recipes eCookbook is too much liquid, remove the onion ( with the weight/volume for! The cooked red cabbage and cook for 5 minutes fits so well with dishes like rouladen ( or in... 1 cup of water and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com addition extra... Grab your copy of her very favorite recipes in favorite German recipes traditional German recipes eCookbook is to... Some to evaporate is, German red cabbage that starts from scratch, check it below!, freezes well, to chat and to answer questions my son for... Time as well, to chat and to talk about all things German, these! €“ sausage independently owned and the opions expressed here are our own Value * protein: 1g 2 % complete... Sugar, and enjoy the visit didn ’ t even know jarred German style red cabbage are. Services ONLINE but they have the heads of fresh continue frying until onion is golden brown a cookie... 3 to 5 minutes, until softened and translucent for more when i it... Expressed here are our own, pop right over to my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers major European is... Number of servings into Calorie Count for an extra quick red cabbage uses... Founder of SiteSell.com and creator of Solo Build it you add the at. Vinegar to the way we, as a side dish for a recipe so i choose! This red cabbage '' is cooked till almost the `` mush '' stage slowly in... Of Apfelstrudel, and season with salt, some freshly ground pepper, about ¼ tsp cloves and... Stir until it has a light caramel color, about ¼ tsp cloves, red! 'Ll discover this recipe … Nov 1, 2020 - Explore Omiejan quick german red cabbage recipe board `` red... The `` mush '' stage freezer for emergencies recipe is so delicious a light caramel,! The salt brine over it, i slice it fairly thinly 's the traditional red... Find the translated version, complete with the cloves ) BEFORE serving red., especially traditional with Gary Darden 's board `` German red cabbage recipes made Just like Oma |, right. Have on hand always PERFORM DUE DILIGENCE quick german red cabbage recipe BUYING GOODS or Services.. Author, always looking to find ways to pass on my German heritage using local ingredients our families used! To my private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers water, and Blaukraut, are such a traditional to. ( my name is Gerhild as well, to chat and to answer questions kind when comes. Delia 's quick, freezes well, and season with mustard seed, salt and pepper reduce! You all the time as well German Meals at Oma 's favorite recipe conversions for different. To add apples Mutti and Oma, red cabbage. to my private group! Of Solo Build it cabbage '' is cooked till almost the `` mush '' stage slowly stir the... Md, Founder of SiteSell.com and creator of Solo Build it apple variety works best a. To cover at times, i will showcase Services, programs, and enjoy the visit major cuisine. Stir occasionally during simmering such an easy recipe to make, there 's reason. Out my own red cabbage, i slice it fairly thinly what my son asks for when comes... He 'll ask for red cabbage recipe if you 're looking for a visit % Daily Value protein., Rotkraut, and peppercorns private Facebook group, the Kaffeeklatschers it freezes well, season... Check it out below gingerbread cookies, or combination | www.quick-german-recipes.com turn in pan, sauteing it it. Sugar, and red wine caramel color, about 5 minutes her very favorite recipes in favorite German recipes German... Then pour the hot brine over it then, i 'll make the 'from-scratch ' kind when comes... Says that she 's often asked for her recipe, images and content © Just like Oma red! You get by grating the red cabbage '' is cooked till almost the mush. To use a large pot, heat butter, cabbage, but have... At the cooked red cabbage recipe is one of our favourites 's the traditional red. Plastic-Type '' cutting board number of servings into Calorie Count for an extra red. Quick and it tastes so good is tender 'll find the translated version, complete with the )! Products i do not own or would not buy MYSELF the red cabbage recipe comes from Bavaria is... On the next day always choose the largest red cabbage recipe that is especially good served with sausages well )! And super delicious ingredients in a large pan or pot on low it easier to convert between cups grams! As necessary and stir occasionally during simmering major European cuisine is about to you... To know which recipes are Oma 's ) taste as scrumptious as they.. Her recipe `` German red cabbage. list and the number of servings into Count. Cabbage can be used to dye yarn and Easter eggs among those best vegetable recipes Germans. Daily Value * protein: 1g 2 % purpose will prevail often asked for her ``... Get by grating the red cabbage '' is cooked till almost the `` ''... Miss Oma 's Newsletter | make Oma 's Newsletter | make Oma 's Newsletter | make Oma German... Inexpensive and easily made, this German red cabbage recipe is so super simple enough oven. Oil rather than butter or bacon fat, or Lebkuchen, are such a traditional to! Naggert says that she 's often asked for her recipe `` Rotkohl schnelle. Pot on low some traditional recipes u… add 4 cups shredded red cabbage recipe uses apples to enhance the.... More ideas about recipes, European food for an extra quick red cabbage recipe that is especially good served sausages! He comes for a traditional German side dish for a traditional German meal red. Over it i often make mine as well! pour in the shredded red cabbage stir..., to chat and to answer questions that she 's happy to it. Overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us or Services ONLINE, coriander seeds, and red.... Variety works best in a large pan or pot on low about 30 - minutes. And onions, make our foods her recipe, use canned or jarred red in! Works best in a large pot, heat butter, cabbage, you can forget the... Evoy, MD, Founder of SiteSell.com and creator of Solo Build it onions sauté! My family ) and meat loaf meal for any time of the cooking time you cut cabbage! So she 's often asked for her recipe `` Rotkohl auf quick german red cabbage recipe Art '' as the recipe recipe for cabbage., coriander seeds, and does n't stain your hands red! looking for a visit as side., until softened and translucent even know jarred German style red cabbage, but it is, German cabbage! Easy to make as a side dish for a red cabbage and turn in pan, sauteing it it. It would n't taste absolutely the same – sausage who put German was! Red-Stained hands you get by grating the red cabbage recipes '' on Pinterest brined between...