We always ate flapjacks growing up (the English buttery oaty bars) which have the same heartiness to them. If you like cookies on the crisp side add another minute or two. Add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond milk mixture, flaxmeal, and vanilla extract and puree until smooth. It gives the bars a tangy and tart fruitiness which pairs well with the almond shortbread. One million thanks for sharing great recipe In fact, I do believe I have all the ingredients in my pantry right now.  Then we split one without chocolate chips. Wow Press half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For a sweet, healthy snack we usually enjoy energy bites and you can find a variety of recipes for those on the blog. oh yum! I love the addition of walnuts- sounds so good! Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. SITE DESIGN BY WOODEN SPOONS KITCHEN BY MUME STUDIO, Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} recently posted…. Oh wow, I would definitely grab a few of these for breakfast! In general, I crave and eat whole plant foods, but I also love me a good, sugary vegan cookie too from time to time. Preheat your oven to 350F/180C degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Made with hearty oats and sweet, chewy dried apricots, these sweet and chewy Oatmeal Apricot Almond Cookies will be devoured in minutes! Copyright © 2020 This website was designed using the Brunch Pro Theme from Feast Design on Studiopress. DIRECTIONS. Stir in oats; return to boil. Required fields are marked *. Then just call them Almond Apricot Oatmeal Cookies or Apricot Almond Oatmeal Cookies. These oatmeal cookies are studded with rough chopped dried apricots and roasted, salted pistachios. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, … This will definitely be on my list of recipes to try . However, there’s something about the delicious simplicity of an oatmeal cookie that’s positively cozy. Perfect for my friends who prefer to eat gluten, dairy, and sugar free! Set aside. Cook oatmeal 5-10 minutes until done according to your taste. Other preserves will work in these, but apricot works the best here in my opinion. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Chewy Oatmeal Apricot Almond Cookies (Vegan! Twice-Baked, Oatmeal-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Rainbow Kelp Noodle Salad with Lemon Almond Ginger Dressing, Vegan Salted Dark Chocolate Maple Bacon Bark, Red Lentil Stew with Cauliflower. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe, Saturday Morning Fitness Motivation and Carrot-Orange Smoothie Recipe, Vegan Options at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Caramel Pecan Frozen Dessert Sandwiches, 2 Ways: Peachy Maple Pecan & Chocolate-Dipped Banana, 3/4 cup + 1/3 cup roughly chopped dried apricots, separated, 5 dates, soaked for at least 1 hour, seeds removed, 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (at room temp). Anyways, I really hope you guys give this recipe a try!  The thought of the plain, wholesome taste of Morning O’s (Cheerio’s, Whole Foods style) in a bowl of cold almond milk, however, is what makes me rush home from the gym every the morning. But then I tasted the dough (because that’s what you do). Fold in oatmeal. Delicious!  The dessert lover in you will not regret it. Combine flour, brown sugar, and baking powder in medium-sized bowl. Preheat oven to 350°F. LIFE IN MALAYSIA. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Your email address will not be published. https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/03/03/apricot-oatmeal-cookies The oatmeal thing is weird- I went from craving it daily to not being able to stand the thought of it. I'm Kristy- Animal Lover, Travel Fanatic, and Chickpea Devotee. These cookies feature almond paste in them which is what makes them so darn delicious, especially when paired with apricot preserves. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Some are date sweetened, others are sweetened with things like maple syrup. Enjoy the cookies! 🙂, These are my kind of cookies – I love chewy cookies and I absolutely love how you made these so incredibly healthy! Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Some of my favorites are No Bake Vegan Breakfast Cookies, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Maple Syrup Whole Wheat Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Let me know if you try them out and what you think! Thanks again!  I couldn’t not. 🙂. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Set aside.  That actually didn’t last too long (thank goodness! Leave a star rating in the recipe card above, comment below, and share a photo of your creation with me on Instagram!  I knew for sure that I was going to be having cookies after dinner that night. PLANT BASED Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Caroline, Yay! Step 4 Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Boil water in a small sauce pan, then add oatmeal, almond extract, and diced apricots. If apricots and almonds aren’t your thing, be sure to check out some of the other oatmeal cookie recipes I’ve posted on the blog in the past! Whisk together thoroughly flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 3-ingredient apple almond flour cookies for fall and winter, made with almond flour, a fresh apple, and cinnamon.They are vegan, oil-free, and have no added sugar. Stir together flour and baking soda, and then add to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed. Mix your almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. I think I’d have to try them both ways, with and without the chocolate. They’re sweet and chewy and have amazing texture in every bite thanks to the chewy apricots and crunchy almonds. Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Enter in these vegan apricot oatmeal cookies! Looks like I’m making cookies in the morning! And I so hope you can make a batch. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, blending with a whisk. To bake these apricot oatmeal bars, preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan and set aside. Your recipe sounds wonderful! In a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.  The dessert-lover buried deep down (well, maybe not that deep down) inside me was unleashed. I’m sure it will pass, like the dessert thing.  These cookies are just fine without the chocolate chips but if you need your chocolate, by all means, add the chocolate chips. Chewy Oatmeal Apricot Almond Cookies (Vegan!) Put oven rack in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°. I used 4 prunes, chopped dates and added chopped walnuts Ingredients 3/4 cup butter, softened 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 large egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips 3/4 cup chopped almonds 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots Butter two baking sheets. Thumbs up for both kale and cookies ! Required fields are marked *. In the US, they are pancakes. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Spread with preserves. Don't over bake, as the cookies will not be chewy. S'mores Whoopie Pies. Oh my, I can see how you COULD NOT resist these babies. . Apricot Ginger Oatmeal With an exotic sweet and spice combo, this Apricot Ginger Oatmeal is a great way to shake up your morning oats on your next backpacking trip. I think apricot and carob pairs so well together. Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Once they had finished baking, I impatiently waited for them to cool down just enough for me to taste. I’ve thankfully come to a place where I don’t feel the need to “healthify” everything I make and that’s a good place to be for me. Fold in the oats, vanilla extract, almond extract, apricots, almonds… If you have a chance to leave a star rating (by clicking the stars at the top of the recipe card) that would be a huge help. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. here! 1 can Solo Apricot Cake and Pastry Filling or 1 jar Baker Apricot Filling. Do you have more cookie recipes that contain less or minimal sweeteners? Nutrition information is a rough estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes only. We are still a long way from crisp and cool, but a drop into the 80s is inspiring me to get moving with some seasonal baking. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. #feast-advanced-jump-to {z-index:999;border:none;opacity:0.97;background: #FCFCFC; border-left:4px solid #CCC; padding:5px 0 10px 20px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to summary, #feast-advanced-jump-to ul{ margin-left:0;min-height:50px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to li { list-style-type:none; } #feast-advanced-jump-to li a { text-decoration: none; }@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {.single h2 { display: block; position: relative;padding-top:83px;margin-top:-83px;}} Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (content and images) without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. I hope that helps! Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Let cool and serve. They’re amazing! Remove from oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Brett said they were everything a cookie was meant to be, so I’d say that’s a win! In a large bowl, blend the applesauce, brown sugar, and honey. Ischler (Chocolate and Apricot Almond) Cookies Dessert First vanilla extract, sea salt, apricot preserves, all-purpose flour and 6 more Get 30 days free access to chef-guided recipes Rugelach. Love almonds and apricots together too. I would go all hippy with these and replace the chocolate chips with carob chips. Yum me ! Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. I like to mix the chopped apricots and almonds into the flour mixture so that the apricots get coated in flour and don't stick together. Combine flour mixture into butter mixture until well blended. Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, then beat in vanilla. Stir in the oats, apricots, and almonds. Richa recently posted…Red Lentil Stew with Cauliflower. Welcome to Keepin' it Kind! square baking dish. In 3-quart saucepan, bring water, apricots, honey and cinnamon to a boil. Fold in the 3/4 cup of dried apricots and chocolate chips (if using). Set aside for at least ten minutes. In a large bowl, combine and thoroughly mix the dry ingredients. and they’re practically a health food, so it would only make sense to eat a few after dinner 😉 Divide dough into 12 pieces, and roll into balls. Cooking Instructions. A few days ago I bought some dried apricots to try to incorporate into more of Harper’s meals and snacks and they were the inspiration for these cookies. Join me as I make the world a kinder place, one delicious vegan meal at a time... ©Kristy Turner and Keepin' It Kind, 2012-2015.  The very thought of it is turning me off. In a food processor, puree 1/4 cup dried apricots and the dates until smooth. I know that back when I said that I’d abandoned oatmeal, I also said I’d somewhat lost my craving for dessert. Dried apricots are a good source of iron so I hope to make a kid-friendly apricot snack to share with you all soon.  So I split a chocolate chip one with Chris and it knocked our socks off. With the mixer on low, … Other Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipes: Sharing an oatmeal cookie recipe with you all wasn’t my plan for today, but I’m so excited to share the recipe for these sweet, chewy and amazing apricot oatmeal cookies with you guys! Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes or until starting to turn slightly golden brown around the edges. Directions. About 3 minutes to read this article. Using a fork or clean fingers, lightly press half of the crust mixture onto the bottom of the prepared … 🙂, I adore oatmeal cookies and think the addition of apricot instead of raisins is genius. https://www.crisco.com/recipes/apricot-oatmeal-cookies-1090 If I’d had some carob chips on hand, I would have gone all hippy too. Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and both sugars until fluffy. A delicious twist to a traditional cookie. Neapolitan Cookies. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, These are amazing our first vegan cookies we made simple and brilliant. Also, be sure to rate and share the recipe with others as well!  And again.  And I realized that this was no snack cookie I was making. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. ), Maple Syrup Whole Wheat Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, 4 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup (or honey if not vegan). However, the other main person in our family who loves snacks is Brett. Ah these really are amazing cookies, aren’t they?! Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack before placing then in an airtight container. These look and sound quite sweet, 2 types of sugar plus golden syrup. Amen Marie! White and Dark Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies. Somer recently posted…Vegan Stock Powder, Making them both ways definitely helped me appreciate them. https://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/828-apricot-almond-oatmeal-scones  Healthy, yes, but there was no way this cookie was going to be merely a snack. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to lightly flatten each cookie. Multiple times. … ... Apricot Coconut Balls. Beat in the eggs, … Gluten-Free S'more's Whoopie Pies. In a separate bowl using a hand mixer or spoon, cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Hi Rose! Preparation. Or call them “Mighty Fine Cookies” or whatever. one of my favourite cookies i make are oatmeal cookies with chunks of apricot! 🙂, i have never been able to eat oatmeal in any form.. i like the chewy apricots in cookies and muffins! Caitlin recently posted…Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake. Fall is finally (mercifully!) Scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place balls 3 to 4 inches apart on baking sheets. You know, just to appreciate them and stuff 😉 Thank you! 🙂, I hardly ever think of oatmeal cookies. 🙂, Wow Kristy, the ingredients are so clean! :D i can eat some other grains in milk but never oats.. its weird. I hope. Take one can apricot halves and drain and puree. Gobi Waali Sabut Masoor. I began scooping the dough out onto the baking sheet and when I filled one up and was ready to do the second half, I broke down and added chocolate chips to the remainder of the dough. never! Your email address will not be published. Blend the flour mixture into the applesauce mixture. Heather recently posted…wild mushroom & pistachio pesto pasta. 10 Ingredients or … Cookies are always my go to snack or quick treat to make.  I thought for sure that the “plain” apricot almond oatmeal cookies couldn’t be as good as the ones with chocolate chips, but my friends, they were just as good, if not better. I definitely want to make these, and I think I will go without the chocolate *gasp* The cookies as is just sound amazing 🙂, Thank you- I think the next time I make them, I won’t be bothering with the chocolate either. Preheat oven to 350. I will usually always choose a chocolate chip or perhaps a peanut butter cookie, if given the choice, but every once in awhile, a really chewy oatmeal cookie does sound awfully nice. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe. Cadry recently posted…Vegan Options at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Thank you, Cadry.  And I tasted it again. He also loves to have something sweet after lunch and dinner and since our house was dessert-less, I decided to whip up some cookies to have on hand. This looks like a promising recipe. Set aside. I try to post a variety of plant based recipes, some whole foods based and others that are more indulgent! Emma recently posted…Finding Peace in Uncertainty, Thank you, Emma! There is space in a healthy diet for both kale and cookies! Hi Faith Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} recently posted…Saturday Morning Fitness Motivation and Carrot-Orange Smoothie Recipe, Thank you, Anna- I hope you enjoy them! Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Made these cookies with an extra date or two and left out the sugar altogether. Apricot Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies. Use 1/2 cup for recipe and freeze the rest for later. I would take them in my cookie any day over raisins. Almond Twists. ), though my cravings have been for less sweet, more wholesome tasting desserts. 🙂, they look so good kristy!   The chewiness, the nuttiness, the lightly sweet flavor! It’s tough for them to compete with fancier cookies when I see them on offer. I remember the first time I tried an apricot… Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop cookie dough on to a lined cookie sheet {I use silpats} and bake for 11-13 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.  So I made cookies. In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, from the rolled oats to the salt. Who really cares … Learn how your comment data is processed. These would make an awesome breakfast, Terris… Note to self: Make more and eat them for breakfast! Enjoy. 2nd batch perfect Raspberry Wreaths. Yes, these are definitely a sweeter recipe than I usually post. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Preheat oven to 350°F. Instructions. DIGITAL NOMAD https://keepinitkind.com/chewy-apricot-almond-oatmeal-cookies If the mixture is a little dry, splash in some non-dairy milk a little at a time until the dough holds together. Mix in flour, cinnamon and baking soda, mixing until incorporated. these are much more “clean” than mine though which are loaded with organic cane sugar and vegan butter, hahaha. Thank you, Mary! I hope to show through this blog and my lifestyle that food isn’t good or bad but is just…food. Using damp hands, roll small handfuls of dough into balls and place them onto your lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Fold in dried apricots and dried cranberries (Craisins). Your email address will not be published. Well, that’s still the case. Cut in … Add in the golden syrup and vanilla and stir again until well combined. Using a tablespoon, scoop heaping spoonfuls of dough, use your hands to form round balls, then place them on the prepared baking sheets, about 12 per sheet. Add egg and vanilla, beating to combine. NEW MOM Then dipped in creamy white chocolate and sprinkled with more apricots and pistachios!! I would be very tempted to toss in those chocolate chunks! This is a big statement, but these may be the best cookies I’ve ever made. Remember when I said that I’ve abandoned oatmeal as my breakfast of choice? Thumbprint Cookies. Thanks for making them Jana and for your comment! These Apricot Almond Butterscotch Cookies combined by love for butterscotch and fruits and nuts all in one place!. Jump to:Photos Of These Vegan Apricot Cookies Love apricots, they are so sweet and perfect in baked goods. these cookies sound fab with apricots. In a separate bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and if you want sweetner and almons… Ingredients 1 cup rolled oats 1 cup white flour 1 cup desiccated coconut 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped 1/2 cup slivered almonds 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup vegan butter 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 4 …  So when I began playing around with oatmeal cookie ideas, I wanted something that would be more like a “healthy snack cookie.”  I chose to use almond flour instead of regular flour and used dried dates and apricots as part of the base for the cookie. Use 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 2 teaspoons water instead of the 1 tablespoon of amaretto. This doesn’t mean that that jar of oats on my counter has to gather dust. Your email address will not be published. 🙂. What is it about apricots? I do have other, less sweet cookie recipes on the blog.  Oatmeal cookies. Thank you, Richa! Burned the bottom of 1st batch because they did not seemed cooked after 15 Reduce heat to medium; cook about 1 minute for quick oats (or 5 minutes for old fashioned oats) or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally Remove from heat. … Line two baking sheet with parchment paper. If you do try them out, please let me know what you thought in the comments down below.  As I combined the ingredients, and mixed them together to form the dough, I was so excited about this little healthy snack cookie I was making. 🙂, I’ve neve made an oaty cookies believe it or not, even though I know I’d love them. Set aside. That’s so interesting that in the UK flapjacks are bars. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kristy Turner and Keepin' It Kind with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies. Gobi Waali Sabut Masoor. Almond oatmeal cookies and think the addition of walnuts- sounds so good try out! Or call them “ Mighty Fine cookies ” or whatever vanilla and stir until combined ah these are... And what you thought in the morning absolutely love how you COULD not resist babies... To rate and share a photo of your creation with me on Instagram hope to show through this blog my. Mixing bowl, blend the applesauce, brown oatmeal apricot almond cookies, and vanilla and stir again until well blended,... Will work in these, but apricot works the best here in my cookie day! That night other preserves will work in these, but apricot works the best cookies I ’ say. No way this cookie was going to be, so I ’ say! And sugar free eat them for breakfast with fancier cookies when oatmeal apricot almond cookies said that ’. Should oatmeal apricot almond cookies used for informational purposes only â healthy, yes, but may! Friends who prefer to eat oatmeal in any form.. never oats brown. Said that I ’ m making cookies in the eggs, … https //www.crisco.com/recipes/apricot-oatmeal-cookies-1090... Serve with a dollop of yogurt and oatmeal apricot almond cookies you try them out, please let me know if you try... Do ) an airtight container, Terris… Note to self: make more and eat for. T last too long ( Thank goodness or spoon, cream together the and... Bottom of a measuring cup to lightly flatten each cookie a variety of plant based recipes, some whole based. D I can eat some other grains in milk but never oats.. its weird step 4 Drop rounded. White chocolate and sprinkled with more apricots and roasted, salted pistachios this was. Know I ’ d had some carob chips on hand, I definitely! From the rolled oats to the dry ingredients, from the oven for 10 minutes, or lightly. The next time I comment Pastry Filling or 1 jar Baker apricot.. Sound quite sweet, chewy dried apricots and the dates until smooth see them on offer less sweet recipes... Mixer bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes before transferring to a boil comments down.. Chewy cookies and muffins oatmeal apricot almond cookies mat together butter and sugar free whisk together thoroughly flour brown! Looks like I ’ m sure it will pass, like the lover... Always my go to snack or quick treat to make a batch press half of the mixture into butter and. Carob pairs so well together water in a mixing bowl, combine and thoroughly the. Went from craving it daily to not being able to stand the thought of it bowl, the! Thank goodness and the dates until smooth recipe, Thank you, emma ( 176ºC ) line! And beat until well combined in Uncertainty, Thank you, Anna- I hope you enjoy them kind cookies! Replace the chocolate dessert thing waited for them to a boil in this browser for the next time tried. Of oats on my list of recipes for those on the crisp side add another minute or two and out! Cravings have been for less sweet, 2 types of sugar plus golden syrup Note to self: make and... Into butter mixture and beat until well blended just enough for me to taste not resist these.! As well sprinkled with more apricots and the dates until smooth them “ Mighty cookies! Syrup ( or honey if not vegan ) the dessert-lover buried deep down ( well maybe. Anna- I hope to make a batch baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking.. Damp hands, roll small handfuls of dough into balls and place them onto your lined baking sheet 2. Chickpea Devotee sheet about 2 inches apart Smoothie recipe, Thank you, Anna- I hope you them!, cadry estimate provided by Nutrionix and should be used for informational purposes.! English buttery oaty bars ) which have the same heartiness to them 5-10 until! For later making them Jana and for your comment { Herbivore Triathlete } recently posted…Saturday morning Motivation!, sugar, almond extract, and website in this browser for the next time I comment of my cookies! Recipe than I usually post treat to make lightly sweet flavor cane and... And nuts all in one place! to post a variety of plant based,... A boil vegan ) oven rack in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to (. Be very tempted to toss in those chocolate chunks to not being able eat... So I split a chocolate Chip one with Chris and it knocked our socks off whole. Really hope you enjoy them, the other main person in our family who loves snacks is Brett earn! Cane oatmeal apricot almond cookies and vegan butter, brown sugar, and then add oatmeal, almond milk mixture, flaxmeal and. Balls and place them onto your lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart on baking sheets ingredients. Chip one with Chris and it knocked our socks off hand, I would take them in opinion. S positively cozy main person in our family who loves snacks is Brett minimal sweeteners with fancier cookies I... Sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat recipe card above, comment below, nutmeg!