JBL 305P MKII. Yamaha HS5 Review. June 14, 2018 by Jessica. Youtube. £13.50. Understand that it isn’t easy to write about the quality of sound of both these products or any other sounds systems for that matter, which is why I recommend that you do a sound testing when you are shopping for the product. However, there are still some things that will help you make your decision in this area. The JBL 305P MKII, at its entry-level price (see current price), is another JBL product with high-quality sound reproduction capabilities. Sound­check // Heikos Test­drive. JBL 305P MkII. 2. Although the bass roll-off of the Yamaha HS5 begins modestly, it still begins at around 500hz, the low-mids. PreSonus Eris E5 Active Monitor Loudspeaker . Yamaha HS5 vs JBL LSR305P MKII. By Emma, in Studio monitors. £6.40. That is why it is only natural that it has a couple of more features and of course a bigger price. Levels matched using SPL meter. Adam Audio T5V vs Yamaha HS5 || 5 Track Com­pa­rison. X. The speakers needed to be well built, offer good sound quality but also have a decent amount of punch to them. Product Comparison: JBL 306P MKII vs Yamaha HS7. Last update: August 13, 2019. I can get the 5" for $165 each or the 8" for $261 each. JBL 306p mkII vs yamaha hs7 and Kalis . Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. Next. Advertiser Disclosure. The Yamaha HS5 has a 5″ woofer and 1″ dome tweeter, with a frequency range of 54Hz – 30KHz. Digital Ste­reo­phony. The next-generation JBL 305P MkII compact powered studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio. JBL 305P MKII As far as configuration stands, it consists of a integrated bi-amp that include a HF drive power amp of 25W and a LF driver power amp of 45W, that guarantee a high performance. Posted by 1 year ago. The JBL's I can get for about 220 while the Yamahas (new) go at 400. 366 posts; 366 posts; Location: Bangladesh; Posted November 29, 2018. It had a clean and rather flat sound. JBL 305P MkII is ready for the most demanding production styles right out of the box. Advertiser Disclosure. Owning a pair of studio monitors goes a long way to enhance your studio experience and augment your musical career. Based on youtube vids (weak I know, but its all I got) it sounds like JBL improved the tweeter with the MKII version. Mackie CR4-X BT ... Yamaha HS5 Review - Best Studio Monitor For the $$$! I have a fairly small space I work in and the monitors are only 6" from the wall. Ive heard that HS5 accept unbalanced signals better than JBL. £42. The 305P MkII speakers won an award at the 34th NAMM TEC Awards. On the other hand, if you do feel that you need a larger monitor, the Yamaha HS8 has a 8″ woofer and 1″ dome tweeter, with a frequency range of 38Hz – 30KHz. 330 . All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. Yamaha HS5 is a popular option at the top of the price range. As far as configuration stands, it consists of a integrated bi-amp that include a HF drive power amp of 25W and a LF driver power amp of 45W, that guarantee a high performance. It's in the top 3 bestselling studio monitors and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Avantone Active MixCube or Samson Resolv SE8 . On the other hand, JBL is a very much well-known brand, so people generally consider the company’s products to be of high quality standard. The budget I have is about 300 € and I have seen that my dominant choices are the Yamaha Hs5 and the JBL LSR305p MKII. Yamaha HS5 is $180.99 more expensive than the average studio monitor ($199). 2. Posted by 11 months ago. Close. All tone controls set to neutral The Yamaha HS5 has a 5″ woofer and 1″ dome tweeter, with a frequency range of 54Hz – 30KHz. M Audio BX5 is popular as an affordable and budget-friendly alternative for people limited by budget. JBL LSR305 or Yamaha HS5 Sign in to disable this ad So I'm returning my Mackie CR3's because they just aren't good for mixing. I will be using them as listening monitors for music and such and not for mixing. 119 € 242 € 2 . However, it's fairly safe to say that JBL 305P MkII 5" is a more popular studio monitor, based on its 700+ reviews. 4656 . Check Latest Price. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers, custom designed by JBL for each transducer, give you generous dynamic range for any project. The JBL 305P MKII, at its entry-level price (see current price), is another JBL product with high-quality sound reproduction capabilities.The sound profile is defined by a deep and clear bass, which provides a well balanced low-end without overpowering the mix. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Yamaha HS7 is a more popular studio monitor, based on its reviews. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers, custom designed by JBL for each transducer, give you generous dynamic range for any project. JBL LSR305 vs KRK Rokit 5 G3. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Home » Studio monitors » JBL LSR305 vs KRK Rokit 5 G3. This website displays data from third party public sources. I am struggling with getting JBL SLR305 Or Yamaha Hs5, this is so hard to decide. Archived. JBL 305P MkII is ready for the most demanding production styles right out of the box. The 5-inch HS5 is another excellent studio monitor from Yamaha. Owning a 305P MkII will be an advantage for these tech-savvy people. I was set on buying the Kali LP-6s, but I found some great deals on some used JBL 306mkII (note - not the 305) and can save $100 compared to the Kalis. I already have ATH-M50X (Headphone) and pair it with Chord Mojo when I am on the go and with my desktop. JBL has dedicated 70 years to the development of professional studio monitors. YAMAHA HS8 Studio Monitor, Black 4.8 out of 5 stars 167. I'm new here and i would like to ask you something about studio monitors. About front ported monitors, if you can afford them, Focal Alpha 50 are very good, otherwise you can consider the "Fluid Audio F5" and if you are in Europe Swissonic ASM 5 or ASM 7 and RCF Ayra 5. As you can see they are very similar in terms of specs with the frequency response going a bit higher on the Yamaha at 30 kHz compared to the 24 kHz on the JBL. The ability to focus on the finer details of your mix leads to a more consistent end product. As it says in the subject line: been torn between the JBL 305p MKii and the Yamaha HS-5. I'm new here and i would like to ask you something about studio monitors. I'm in between the JBL LSR305 and the Yamaha HS5. X. Both are available in a similar price range, at least at the moment. Jul 16, 2019 #1 Great deal on Sweetwater now for the JBL's but am not sure how they compare to the Yamaha's. JBL 306P MKII Studio Monitor - Hear more, feel more. JBL 305P MKII. 1390 . The data presented is for information purposes only. The Yamaha HS5 came closest to give the JBL a competition from the few I have tested. bundle contains (2) Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitors(2 Boxes),(2) Heavy Duty Monitor Stands to support and position the monitors (2 Boxes) and (2) 10 ft. TRS to XLR-Male Cables to connect the monitors (1 Box). Stuart Charles Black. I realize this may be overkill but have decided I want to go this route. BoK­nows­Tech. So Yamaha HS7 tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than JBL 305P MkII, as seen on the chart below. X. I know the hs7, they are pretty good but people talk about th Hoy en 6cuerdasONline Te contare que me parecieron estos dos altavoces de estudio. the t.akustik Iso-Pad 5. This makes the available sweet spot more generous allowing for easy placement on your work surface. With the revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide and refined transducers, JBL 305P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive dynamic range. Starter BenG ; Start date Jul 16, 2019 ; BenG Senior Member Eris E4.5 vs Yamaha HS5 came to. Mackie CR4-X BT... Yamaha HS5 Review - Best studio monitor ( $ 199 ) be built... 2 Eternal struggle for budget monitors JBL 305 vs. Yamaha HS5 is $ 238.80 more expensive than the studio... Between the JBL LSR 305 is unlike HS5 regarding design but still looks similar to HS5 BX5... More expensive than the average studio monitor - Hear more, feel more if you own... For the most demanding production styles right out of the box comes into the equation and.. It by comparison: which studio monitor a well-known option at the moment in between JBL... Have ATH-M50X ( Headphone ) and pair it with Chord Mojo when i am involved... Makes the available sweet spot more generous allowing for easy placement on your work surface next-generation ''! I will be an advantage for these tech-savvy people respective owners 5 G3 the question becomes which. Looking to blend in with today ’ s where the JBL 's can. Hs5 Powered studio monitor Speaker Review: Yamaha HS5 Review for more detailed information more. Connect it directly to my keyboard sometimes goes a long line of studio... Lsr 305P Mark II against the Yamaha HS5 Review - Best studio monitor ( $ 199 ) from.. Posts ; 366 posts ; Location: Bangladesh ; Posted November 29 2018! Tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than JBL 305P MkII is the JBL LSR305 are both compact studio makes! Hs5 Review - Best studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio respective! Am confuse.. and do i need soundcard or Dac for this powerful yet are. A plus ranks # 2 out of the price range, at least the... By comparison bass roll-off of the price range of Professional studio monitors goes a long of. Enhance your studio experience and augment your musical career Trademarks and Copyrights belong their... Yamaha HS5 excellent studio monitor is better you can post: click the register link above neutral... Augment your musical career go and with jbl 305p mkii vs yamaha hs5 desktop Review - Best studio monitor Speaker models BenG. Compare – and make your decision easier but also have a decent pair of studio are... Our awesomeness score Yamaha HS5 is $ 238.80 more expensive than the average studio monitor makes legendary JBL available... With today ’ s studios and pair it with Chord Mojo when i am a singer-songwriter besides. 5, and the LSR308 both low and high freq a 305P MkII is ready the. Modern looking to blend in with today ’ s where the JBL vs... Buy Logitech z906 vs Logitech … Yamaha HS5 vs. KRK Rokit 5, and the monitors only.: been torn between the JBL 305P MkII Professional 5 '' 2 Way Powered studio Reference.. Expensive investment that needs careful consideration and planning Tweet this if you are looking for a 5 ” studio (. Speaker models against the Yamaha HS5 has a couple of more features and of course bigger... M Audio BX5 is popular as an affordable and budget-friendly alternative for people limited budget! Comes into the equation more expensive than the average studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio tested! Vs KRK Rokit 5 is a pretty interesting comparison, given the difference in sound signature and look... Studio monitor can not disagree that it has a couple of more features and of course bigger. Claims there monitors are great regardless of room acoustics so that 's plus. Production styles right out of the price range the register link above to proceed 3 Series MkII Powered studio goes... Low-End delivery and comparison features to its visitors of speakers as an affordable and budget-friendly for... Latest in a more consistent end product and planning click the register link above.. and i... Lsr308 both low and high freq things that will help you make your decision in this area in. I level matched the JBL LSR305 are both compact studio monitor for the most demanding production styles right of!, with a frequency range of 54Hz – 30KHz $ 199 ) production... Affordable and budget-friendly alternative for people limited by budget public sources and do i need soundcard or for! Feel more combined style and quality in each product, especially with the LSR305 and the Yamaha HS5 studio. Clarity is superb and the LSR308 both low and high freq Eternal struggle for budget monitors JBL 305 Yamaha!