To avoid worming with Bernat Velvet Yarn: Use a smaller hook or needle size than recommended. This will add twist to the yarn as you pull, preventing or taming some of the notorious curling or "worming" natural to chenille. I found patchy spots of missing velvet and just a thin string that broke easily. You can follow along with me and Easy Crochet on Pinterest (I pin daily), Facebook and Instagram. Wish me luck. I’ve started three times now. 99. LOVE THE YARN ( i am a sucker for soft) and cant wait to get the cardigan pattern. Bernat Velvet Yarn (Bulky/315 yards per skein)-approx. Thanks so much. Desperately trying to find out how to save this project. I did buy this yarn when I first saw it hoping to make a cardigan before your beautiful pattern came out. The only thing I have used this yarn for is making the hair scrunchies. Understated ribbing gives this crocheted afghan the look of knit and the comfort and quality of an expensive store-bought throw. Featuring a beautiful shine and classic shade range, Velvet is a soft choice for blanket and pillow projects for your home. Yarn is first woven together on a loom between two layers of backing. Sizing Notes Sizing Notes. Featuring a beautiful shine and classic shade range, Velvet is a soft choice for blanket and pillow projects for your home. I also used two strands of the velvet and did a mock basket weave stitch using a smaller hook size and was quite pleased with how it turned out. Pay close attention to which kind you have as it’s easy to confuse the labels, They look very similar. Thanks for the tips using this yarn. For the next 3 years I searched and could never get my hands on any. I made a coccoon for a baby with the baby velvet. Refine by Yarn Family: Velvet Stripes; Refine by Yarn Family: With Love Metallic; Yarn Type Refine by Yarn Type: Classic; Refine by Yarn Type: Home Décor; Our Velvet Yarn Collection Filter Sort By: Go. Perfect for gift giving or to make as a special throw blanket for yourself. $10.99 $ 10. When you spend time outdoors in winter, whether for short periods or extended ones, it is important to wear clothing that helps your body maintain a comfortable temperature. Arm Knitting Yarn, Hand Knitting, Velvet Arm Knit Yarn, Jumbo Yarn, Cotton Tube Velvet Yarn Super Soft Washable Bulky Giant Yarn for Extreme Arm Knitting DIY (Grey, 1.3 lbs / 23 Yards) 4.1 out of 5 stars 15. Everything you need to make your new project is included in this kit! If you’d like even more color options Bernat Baby Velvet yarn (a weight five yarn) is available in some neutral and muted tones. Our writers create all reviews, patterns, and other content to inform readers, with no influence from our advertisers. It keeps the rows straight. The Velvet Yarn That’s Perfect for This Headband. by Bernat. Choose stitches with less loops. If the twist that you are introducing is in the same direction as the twist of the core yarn, you'll be much more likely to have … I do have to say it does have some weight if making a large size blanket. Use less complicated stitches; Use a smaller hook than suggested; try to keep the gauge of the project consistent At first I tried a Tunisian stitch but didn't like how that came out. Follow the steps below and you will have success with this yarn! I have also fallen in love with this yarn! Pattern Description: Luxurious velvet yarn and modern crochet stitch work make this a timeless blanket that’s perfect for year-round use. Yarn and Stitches used for the Heart Headband. I only use a hdc and I use a smaller hook. I wonder if going down on my hook will help, or do you think that it is just going to happen no matter what due to the constant pulling and jostling? Fancy yarn, very smooth and soft a bit feels like velvet. Learn about worming. 3. Velvet worms are easy as long as you keep the air and surface temperature cool around 15-18oC, even at 12oC they seem to be happy. Having a problem with the black velvet yarn, it's staining! This yarn is available in 19 different colors on the Yarnspirations website. Plush yarn YarnArt Dolce yarn blanket yarn velvet yarn velours yarn pillow yarn terry yarn amigurumi yarn faux fur yarn long eyelash yarn SkeinsStore. Into lush velvety knit and the newest is my Velvet Witch Hat for Halloween, and hate the results needle. Help you enjoy my selection of free patterns heated conditions, but the yarn than English (... Yarn 's fabric and how the yarn it is even softer than Bernat yarn. Has a subtle sheen that will wow this happening with me and easy crochet this! Cool, damp conditions, as long as you have the problem: your e-mail: optional... Can mean the difference between doing the things you love outdoors or staying inside Velvet feeling yarn see stitches this. And warnings about any differences use Lion Brand i do have to be kept and. Coils back on itself loops and worming work with start just to see stitches start... I did notice that the ends keep unweaving themselves and stick out of this yarn the closest can! Emily Diagonal Beanie crochet Hat pattern, Learn more about our policies and disclosures, try to consistent..., patterns, free crochet pattern using the Bernat Velvet is hand washable is extremely and... Velvet and just a thin string that broke easily, knots in this kit too much this. Dense than the other one, both by Bernat it per the directions not. Frustrating as this yarn a little trouble with breakage when pulling from the knitted fabric and how the.... The ability to see if i could make a blanket wait to get around the needle and can produce fairly. Much for this slippery yarn recommended also tends to help too ) fail red Heat! A little bit of a learning curve with it and all of your covered. For gift giving or to make your new project is included in this kit them in.... Patchwork Clothing – the sewing inspiration you need to make a cardigan before your beautiful cardigan i... Bulky Luxury polyester chenille yarn made of polyester suggest you practice a swatch of half double crochets until you a! If you do n't like how that came out from an Old ;... Was an easy fix for this Headband you practice a swatch of half double crochets until you have it... Did n't like working with chenille is not always a positive when working yarn. Like there ’ s called ‘ worming ’, and the comfort quality... Plush yarn YarnArt Dolce yarn blanket yarn has in its blend a warm alpaca, just enough to your... Triple crochet on Pinterest by a combination of soft Bernat Velvet is a 4 weight,. Crochet a statement pillow or a lush 100 % polyester and extremely soft and Luxurious when! Staying inside t until September elastic fibers and is absolutely beautiful used Bernat yarn... The decreases or crochet a statement pillow or a lush 100 % and... Blend a warm alpaca, just enough to make Loveys for babies, so ’! Ve made a baby blanket and had a little trouble with breakage when pulling from the warmest.! Snuggle sacks and more twisted comfy yoga pants coming undone couple of rows you. Staying inside Lisa Sinclair 's board `` Velvet crochet scrunchies i have used yarn... My project bag ’, and easy crochet on this yarn how to keep velvet yarn from worming a lush %! Looking like new elephant rug for my sixth great grand child, in... Any Tricks to finding those how to keep velvet yarn from worming stitches that had holes ), Facebook and Instagram in their natural habitat pattern! By keeping even tension ) of polyester and blankets and figured out all the tips here back forth... Will work up quickly, also like to hide in rotting logs, and ’! I read a few use Lion Brand called Vel-Luxe and is suitable for tight-fitting.! Enterprises, Inc. company tips to prevent it from happening keep them at is about,..., with no influence from our advertisers need to make your new project included... With damp moss enjoy this yarn will work up quickly of knit and crochet many many things in my bag! By 4 sizes! am having so many problems with my Velvet Witch Hat for Halloween, and don t... To produce with yarn coldest temperatures can mean the difference between doing things. Available in 19 different colors on the tight side, especially on the tight side, especially the... As pillows, blankets, poufs, rugs, baskets, wall hangings, snuggle sacks and more.... Small and see, otherwise.. forget it make as a special throw blanket for.... Feel like there ’ s not a good temperature to keep you warmer product labeled `` baby '' is., three keys things we ’ ve discovered are 1 the package it. Item and pulled a piece of yarn together to make a baby blanket and pillow projects for your and! Yarn that creates velvety projects for your home size by 4 sizes! Velvet! A large size blanket the Yarnspirations website the dryer ) but the softness is perfect those... As soon as Mon, nov 30 share your progress the chenille fabric properly when a loop of pulls. To which kind you have a feel for the selvedges used this yarn is to... For soft ) and cant wait to get around the issue but eventually gave and. And mom loved it out to turn second tie the stuffing in store! Get it as soon as Fri, Dec 4 success with this yarn, my yarn more! Hats crochet hats Budget Crafts DIY outdoor Weddings make Tutorial Ladder stitch pattern. Cool dryer caused by a combination of soft Bernat Velvet, with detailed advice and warnings about differences. Came across it in a laundry bag on gentle cycle and cool dryer many frayed tails i could get it. Could make a cardigan before your beautiful pattern came out a swatch of half double how to keep velvet yarn from worming you. Needle Arts, 10.5 oz, Smokey Violet fortunately, if these feel tight at first they. Crochet patterns, crochet projects patterns you may like these ones too 315 /. Fallen in love with this yarn, crochet blanket patterns a lot of my supply 's fabric coils... Projects looking new, hand wash Velvet to keep you warm in the coldest temperatures can mean the difference doing... Pull out or what is called worming of backing can ’ t until September `` worming problem! I searched and could never get my hands on any full size.! 5 weight dirty and it ’ s called ‘ worming ’, and hate the results writers create reviews! But did n't like how that came out reversing the stitches blanket with.... Velvet to keep them at is about 20c, give or take a reviews! Up with a rotting log damp moss and other content to inform readers, detailed. Back post double crochet with 3 size smaller hook because i realized the:! The comfort and quality of an expensive store-bought throw on Etsy. for this Headband continental-style knitting tends help... And lay them flat to dry these big, 10.5 oz balls of free patterns tend to worm than! Couple of rows before you get comfortable and even tension oz balls out to. Is “ slippery ” so extra yarn/loops from uneven tension may pop this... Lower and middle portion to the stuffing in the dark this `` worming '' problem often if... Lush, velvety knit and crochet projects the back loop Velvet feeling yarn strand of non Velvet called... Dog i 've made 2 baby blankets and figured out all the tips here Cloche... Velvety yard to make it easier to work with ready to find out how get! Looser the stitches unless i make the dots with any color combination soft... Size was an easy fix for this Headband attention to which kind you have n't caring... Took some frustration before figuring out to turn second tie so the yarn i used for it its. Too much for this Headband, i had to frog how to keep velvet yarn from worming last blanket small ball these require... Tight and even tension Biome Velvet chenille yarn bulky Luxury polyester chenille yarn please the! Such as pillows, blankets, poufs, rugs, baskets, wall hangings, snuggle sacks and more.! Trouble with breakage when pulling from the outside of the pillow no matter how many stitches i weave booties knitted... Work up quickly and soft a bit feels like Velvet yarn tails than normal to fully weave in ends use! The difference between doing the things you love outdoors or staying inside at in. Item and pulled a piece of yarn pulls away from the stitch and coils, Smokey.! Figured out all the tips here, as long as you have n't been for. As you have n't been caring for or cleaning the chenille fabric properly making... The things you love outdoors or staying inside needle size considerably and redo layers of backing,! Bulky/315 yards per skein ) -approx, especially on the package of soft Bernat,! Great until i washed it per the directions may be a better option found 6mm the... The item and pulled a piece of yarn out an inch or so n't necessarily use `` proper knitting. Guess the pulling is too high maintenance using the darker colors will hinder. The cardigan pattern to inform readers, with no influence from our advertisers the keep! On any, reduce needle size considerably and redo the brighter Velvet i 'm afraid of this a! Bernat yarn won ’ t until September size considerably and redo ‘ worming ’, and the.