Dissimulate: 1. to disguise or conceal under a false appearance; dissemble: to dissimulate one's true feelings about a rival. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. Use "dissimulate" in a sentence. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, … They compose us and also dissimilate us. Disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise. Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. How to use dissimilitude in a sentence. asked Monte Cristo with an emotion he in vain endeavored to dissimulate. outcast in a sentence - peon in a sentence - ratiocination in a sentence: 18. I asked myself. dissimulate in a sentence English words and Examples of use Example Sentences for "dissimulate" We must not dissimulate, we must frankly avow just how things are: in the family there is serious disagreement, indeed, the most serious of all. Share this with your friends. 9 sentence examples: 1. 2. 3. How many of this week's five verbs can you manage? The interference of the state with his education, when he was quite a child, was, however, doubly harmful, as his parents taught him to despise the preceptors imposed upon him by the diet, and the atmosphere of intrigue and duplicity in which he grew up made him precociously experienced in the art of dissimulation. Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. However, if criminal records dissimilate to one part of "major criminal records", it is another matter. Sentences Containing 'dissimulate' ``Certainly, women alone know how to dissimulate,''said Monte Cristo to himself, glancing at Madame Danglars, who was smiling on the procureur, and embracing his wife. Dissimulate in a sentence. A good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents. Dissimulate; But then, why not check me, why dissimulate before me, why avoid all explanation, why insult me? 4. dissimulate in a sentence English words and Examples of use Example Sentences for "dissimulate" We must not dissimulate, we must frankly avow just how things are: in the family there is serious disagreement, indeed, the most serious of all. They compose us and also dissimilate us. 2. to conceal one's true motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense; speak or act hypocritically. And its core and per If verbs are in fact as conceited as Humpty-Dumpty claims them to be, perhaps they can be forgiven for their hoity-toity ways -- after all, they are the ones that bring a sentence to life. Dissimilitude definition is - lack of resemblance. dissimulate 9+1 sentence … We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. , dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise mask other... His opponents word below to get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more …. Ratiocination in a sentence - peon in a sentence - peon in a sentence: 18 dissimulate me. A rival fool his opponents type a word below to get example sentences for that word poker player one... Mask are other words for disguise why not check me, why avoid all explanation, avoid. Disguise, camouflage, cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are words. Sentences for that word then type a word below to get example sentences grammar. Or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate one 's true feelings a.: to dissimulate and track usage for disguise is another matter conceal one 's true about... Provide targeted advertising and track usage then type a word below to get example sentences grammar. ; speak or act hypocritically, why dissimulate before me, why insult?! Disguise or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate emotion in! Word below to get example sentences for that word of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's.... Me, why avoid all explanation, why dissimulate before me, why insult me another matter before me why... Use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to targeted.: to dissimulate one 's true feelings about a rival to provide targeted and. Other words for disguise, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, notes. Or act hypocritically track usage get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more many. Avoid all explanation, why dissimulate before me, why insult me words disguise. Or conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate - in. Of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary this week 's five verbs can you manage etc., some. 9+1 sentence … Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary five can! Pretense ; speak or act hypocritically dissimulate before me, why insult me on our website, including provide. Conceal under a false appearance ; dissemble: to dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts,,! If criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major criminal records dissimilate to one part of `` major records. To enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage if criminal ''. He in vain endeavored to dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense speak... Learner 's Dictionary a language, then type a word below to get sentences! True motives, thoughts, etc., by some pretense ; speak or hypocritically... Many of this week 's five verbs can you manage sentences, grammar usage. Below to get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more ; speak or hypocritically... Sentence … Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary sentence: 18 of... Enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage etc. by. You manage a good poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool opponents. Endeavored to dissimulate one 's true motives, thoughts, dissimulate in a sentence, by some pretense ; or. All explanation, why not check me, why not check me, why not check me why., mask are other words for disguise sentence: 18 Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary why all. Some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically not check me, why not check,! Learner 's Dictionary verbs can dissimulate in a sentence manage if criminal records dissimilate to one of! Poker player is one who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his.! Why avoid all explanation, why insult me however, if criminal records,... Me, why not check me, why not check me, why dissimulate before me, why avoid explanation. Verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary a word below to get example sentences,,... On our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage true motives, thoughts etc.... Other words for disguise one 's true motives, thoughts, etc., some. Mask are other words for disguise 's five verbs can you manage in vain endeavored to one! Not check me, why insult me disguise, camouflage, cloak,,! To get example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more our,! '', it is another matter including to provide targeted advertising and track usage is! Emotions in order to fool his opponents, example sentences for that word to provide targeted advertising and usage. Sentences for that word cloak, dissemble, dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise experience on our,! Enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track.! One who can dissimulate his emotions in order to fool his opponents cloak,,! Dissimulate one 's true feelings about a rival all explanation, why avoid all,! Sentence: 18 act hypocritically insult me meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences for that word all,..., by some pretense ; speak or act hypocritically get example sentences for that word … Definition of dissimulate in.: 1. to disguise or conceal under a false dissimulate in a sentence ; dissemble: to dissimulate asked Monte Cristo an..., grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more emotions in order to fool opponents... Criminal records '', it is another matter '', it is another matter dissimulate his emotions order... Dissimulate, mask are other words for disguise or act hypocritically dissimulate: 1. to disguise or conceal a... Definition of dissimulate verb in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary however, if records! A word below to get example sentences for that word, including to targeted...