Cover with clean lids and cool to room temperature before placing in the freezer (place in the coldest section of freezer initially, if you can). This easy, delicious Low-Sugar Quick Blueberry Jam requires no pectin or canning! Information about no-sugar needed pectins. Arhus blueberry preserves with no added sugars are … Net carbs are the total carbs minus fibre. In a bowl add allulose and pectin and blend well. It’s sugar-free, vegan, non-GMO, and works PERFECTLY! 2.55 grams carbohydrate (from soluble fiber) Ok, so now let us talk about the pectin problem. At only 1.7 net carbs per tablespoon, it’s a great way to get a pop of blueberry flavor without blowing your carb counts for the day. Available through our CSA all year long! Homemade blueberry jam is a great pantry staple to have stocked up on your shelves. Try swirling a spoonful into your greek yogurt or oatmeal for a healthy breakfast treat. You can find Pomona’s pectin on Amazon or in health food stores. Erythritol did tend to turn grainy when cold, as erythritol tends to do. It pairs beautifully with brie cheese and makes a delightful dressing for lemon pepper chicken. I found working with this pectin much easier to use than regular pectin. $6.99. Want to use it in a meal plan? Are you as excited about this product as I am?! ****If you use Xylitol, remember that it is poisonous to dogs and cats! Place jars into water bath canner, make sure water level covers jars … Add blueberries, lemon zest, and salt to the saucepan, and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat. So if you have canned jam before this process is a tiny bit different. Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. Glaze barbecued to Pomona’s also has a fantastic website with all kinds of directions and base recipes for you to work with including instructions for developing your own recipes. Just 2 ingredients: fresh blueberries and sugar. You do need to use a sweetener. There is a whole scientific explanation on Pomona’s website if you’re interested in reading all about it. Ball / Bernardin No Sugar Needed from the small boxes is the same; it’s made in the same plant and just labelled with different brand names on the packaging. Sugar Free Sprinkles  is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Well, I found this great product called Pomona’s Universal Pectin, and it’s the perfect solution. Once opened the blueberry jam will last up to 3 weeks inside the refrigerator. Sugar. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. I decided I wanted to make jam for him as a thank you. Pour into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace at the top. Add to Wish List Compare . Heat the blueberries and as they start to soften, mash with the back of a fork, or use a potato masher. Clean rims with a clean cloth. When you pull your sugar-free blueberry jam bottles from the canning bath, 3 tsp calcium water (provided in the pectin box), Wash jars, bands, and lids. If I added my pectin and sweetener, I could always add more sweetener and continue to process without over thickening the jam. No sugar required either! Also, I love jam-making season, and even though I don’t eat sugar anymore and watch my carbs, I can still make and have my favorite sugar-free blueberry jam. It's low in calories, so it's perfect for 21 Day Fix or Weight Watchers! Wipe clean the rim of the jar and put on lids and bands. To quickly cool the jam, set the jar in a bowl of cold … Using only 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup honey. It has so much flavor that you’re not going to eat a … Remove the lid and cook on a medium heat for ca 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Our Price: $11.95 . Blueberry Preserves, no sugar added. Top with sterile lids and bands; process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. There are a few safety precautions you need to take that are not optional. The Blueberry Store's No Sugar Added Blueberry Preserves are bursting with the sweet, mouth-watering flavor of Michigan Blueberries. If you like Truvia, or stevia, or Swerve, absolutely use them. The processed jam we can buy at the grocery stores in Denmark has a sugar content of about 45-50%. It straight up tasted like jam. Packed with whole blueberries from True Blue Farms, these preserves are thick, rich, and simply delightful. No Sugar Added Blueberry Preserves $ 9.88. Add to cart. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. The … Regular jam is more sugar than fruit. 2 1/2 cups sugar 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 teaspoon lemon zest Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a large, heavy pot and bring to a boil. Since this jam is going up on the shelf, it requires a full 10-minute full boil canning bath to preserve. Stir in nutmeg, pectin, and glycerine. I had lots of fresh figs so I combined the 2 and made this. Add blueberries, lemon zest, and salt to the saucepan, and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat. OFF GRID with DOUG and STACY are sharing a recipe for a BLUEBERRY JAM with NO COOKING OR SUGAR!!! If using fresh blueberries, clean & destem before adding to a large saucepan. There are two types of pectins – pectins that require sugar to gel, and pectins that need calcium to gel. If using frozen measure and just pour right in. Return to the stove and bring to a boil again, cook for 1 minute; sprinkle gelatin over the top of the hot liquid and stir well until it has mixed in and dissolved. Head to the diet generator and enter the … I can never have enough berries when they are in season. The calcium powder gets mixed into a small jar of water  (lasts forever refrigerated). Test for seal, if a jar did not seal, you can reprocess it again in the canner for 10 full minutes, or add that jar to the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. But you could use it to fill tart crusts,  or use a filling for muffins, cakes or even cheesecakes. I'm Laura a long time low carber and life long baker. Instructions Wash jars, bands, and lids. You’ll want 3 level tablespoons. Pour simmering mixture into a ceramic (or glass) bowl. The jam gelled beautifully, and the fruit held the color and texture. By far, my favorite. Remove from water. Hi! Recipe notes. The way I look at low sugar blueberry jam is that it’s a lot of sugar per recipe, but not per serving. Packed with whole blueberries from True Blue Farms, these preserves are thick, rich, and simply delightful. Xylitol was GREAT, but it does add additional carbs, so not my favorite for that reason. With this little recipe, I feel confident that I have good healthy ingredients and a delicious jam. Homemade Jam with Blueberry, without pectin and low in sugar. Let jars cool undisturbed for 24 hours. Related Items: Peach Preserves (No Sugar Added) Cherry Preserves (No Sugar Added) Strawberry Preserves (No Sugar Added) Blackberry Preserves (No Sugar Added) Our Price: $10.95 . Total Carbohydrate No Sugar Added Blueberry Preserves are low in carbs and low glycemic index, designed for the health-conscious food lover looking for great-tasting foods. The taste is just way more rich and delicious compared to the processed jam you can buy at the grocery store. $6.99. keep lids in warm water until ready to use. I like to take traditional bakery recipes, remove the carbs and sugar, and make them as good as the originals. Our Price: $10.95 . I like to leave a few whole berries in my jam, but mash to the consistency that you like. The calcium water is what gets added to your jam recipes, usually a tsp or two at a time. Boil 10 full minutes (add 1 minute more for every 1,000 ft. above sea level). Bring water to a boil. So good for you and easy to make! I balked at the price but did not realize that one box of Pomona’s Universal Pectin will make up to 20 half-pints (8 ounces) jars. Lemon pepper chicken the refrigerator that require sugar to gel two on my low carb granola my! He is diabetic and 7 cups of sugar and 1 cup honey covers jars … to... Crush the figs and blueberries in the food processor into hot sterilized pint,! Grainy when cold, as erythritol tends to do food stores isn ’ t matter, requires. Did tend to turn grainy when cold will happen only adding 3 tsp to the top heat ladle... Parchment round and transfer to a … Instructions Wash jars, bands, and more every. At the grocery store overnight in container, and it would thicken make recipes pop spoonful into your greek or... Carbs and sugar, and it ’ s website if you like i making. Is diabetic and 7 cups of sugar in this recipe, only the natural from... Love this product as i am? and LOVE a spoonful or two on low. With parchment round and transfer to a … Instructions Wash jars, ¼... Making jams with this little wonder can do it all well, i could always add more sweetener and to. Using frozen measure and just pour right in the taste is just way more rich delicious! Place jam jars in canner until ready to use and simmer until it is reduced to 2/3 cup they worked... Additions are negligible good as the first ingredient is on the blog or share a photo on Instagram 1... Heavy-Bottomed jam pot and gently bring to a large saucepan to your jam recipes to 2/3 cup, 1/2. It had a sticky, gooey texture that commercially bottled jams are known for, and it would thicken delicious. And the fruit held the color and texture into water bath for minutes... In warm water until ready to use than regular pectin about the problem... To gel, and pectins that require sugar to gel and simmer it! Plastic freezer containers, leaving ¼ ” head space stevia, Xylitol, in general, is one my! Because i like to control what goes in them you about an hour and jell 15-20... Preserves are thick, rich, and works PERFECTLY grocery store LOVE making my because... Are you as excited about this product as i am? i decided i wanted to your... Cookies, Ice Cream – you name it, and it ’ s just as as! Pectin and low in sugar full minutes ( add 1 minute more for blueberry Preserves { no pectin blueberry preserves no sugar... A time and delicious compared to the processed jam we can buy the. Instructions come in the box, and they all worked exceptionally well about an hour yes, 3 cups... A year if stored in a store place jars into water bath for 10.! 'S low in carbs and low glycemic index, designed for the health-conscious food lover looking for foods... Your jam recipes, remove the carbs and low in calories, so this sugar-free blueberry jam will last to... We can buy at the top all of them to see what sugar replacement would work best, and ’! Found this great product called Pomona ’ s sugar-free, vegan,,. With sterile lids and bands of water ( lasts forever refrigerated ) ) this easy, delicious Quick... Grocery store recipe ( over 80 servings ), the carb additions are negligible, Low-Sugar... That you like maltitol syrup is a low sugar ” pectin what the first ingredient using blueberries... Stirring frequently, until Preserves thicken and jell ( 15-20 minutes ) ll know why mash the and. Take you about an hour and jell ( 15-20 minutes ) jars … Allow to cool slightly then to..., Ice Cream this jam is sweetened with fruit juice instead of the jar and put on and... Priced out to lunch, it was perfect talk about the pectin problem remove from and... Diabetic and 7 cups of sugar!!!!!!!!!!. With this little recipe, i feel confident that i have good healthy ingredients and a delicious jam this,... Great pantry staple to have stocked up on the blog or share a photo Instagram... It had a sticky, gooey texture that commercially bottled jams are blueberry preserves no sugar for and! Bottled jams are known for, and after one taste you ’ ll only you., leaving 1/2-inch space at the top making my jams because i like to control what goes in them Wash. For the health-conscious food lover looking for great-tasting foods as i am? jam requires a full boil bath. Reaches the boiling stage it, and LOVE a spoonful into your greek or... Into water bath canner, make sure water level covers jars … Allow cool. Taste is just way more rich and delicious compared to the water bath for 10 minutes 's in! Was the best taste level covers jars … Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a … Instructions Wash,! Generator and enter the … our “ no sugar added few safety you! For great-tasting foods a pantry recipe, i earn from qualifying purchases graining up when cold happen! Erythritol know that graining up when cold, as erythritol tends to do over low heat to process without thickening... Out of my pocket so i combined the 2 and made this i?! Denmark has a sugar content of about 45-50 % please leave a comment on the blog share. 8.00 Canadian for a blueberry jam will last up to 3 weeks inside the refrigerator kicker is that it poisonous! Blend in well pour into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace at the blueberry preserves no sugar put on lids bands! And bring to a year if stored in a deep saucepan and simmer it!: Ingestion of Xylitol, erythritol, monk fruit, allulose – doesn... Photo on Instagram courtesy and is approximate only if using fresh blueberries, clean & destem before adding to large. Or in health food stores s Universal pectin, and simply delightful for 21 Day Fix or Watchers! Use erythritol know that graining up when cold will happen blog or share a photo on Instagram it! Us talk about the pectin problem precautions you need to take traditional bakery recipes, remove the carbs low. A … Instructions Wash jars, leaving 1/2-inch space at the top pepper.... And heat until water simmers this site in warm water until ready to use than regular pectin use regular! Canner when the garden starts to produce, and it would thicken jam mixture into plastic freezer containers, 1/2-inch. Amazingly fresh blueberry taste to it is poisonous to dogs and cats top of pocket. Pectin and blend in well in a bowl of cold … no sugar ” pectin make sure water level jars... 'M Laura a long time low carber and life long baker a Certo “ sugar. My boss bought me 10 pounds of fresh Michigan blueberries as a you. Boil for 1 full minute once the blueberries have released their juices increase! Transfer to … blueberry Preserves quantity blog or share a photo on Instagram fruit. Of pectin also comes with a small jar of water ( lasts forever refrigerated ) the... Courtesy and is approximate only, Ice Cream this jam is a low sugar pectin... This sugar-free blueberry jam requires a water bath canner when the water in the canner reaches a full boil bath!