The engine turn off when come to a stop. Shortly after putting in a replacement (used) transmission...maybe 10,000 miles later, the car would go over 60mph for a hour or so and then trans overheat light on and car slows to 10mph. Love the style and the reliability. The Jeep Compass is very reliable vehicle. Warranty information last updated: 2/17/09 The older models may have more body tear the vehicle but still a very good vehicle overall. Jeep » Compass » 2008 switch models Cherokee CJ-7 Comanche Commander Compass Gladiator Grand Cherokee Liberty Patriot Renegade Rubicon Sport Wagoneer Wrangler switch years 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 « search for something else Also had my transmission cable die on me at work. 84000 mi. Have done most the work myself (with help of a friend who is mechanically inclined ). I took on the freeway and it makes a whining noise when i start to accelerate at around 45 mph. P0301 should be considered a cause for concern, and can be a threat to the drivability the Jeep Compass. I like the transmission which removes the pitching of the car as it changes gears. Great car, runs well haven't had any major issues. Get the most useful specifications data and other technical specs for the 2008 Jeep Compass 4WD 4-Door Limited. It sound like the diesel engine. You get excellent miles per gallon. #1: Tie Rods And/Or Control Arms Failure 2008 Compass Average Cost to Fix: $400 Average Mileage: 53,000 mi #2: Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving 2008 Compass Average Cost to Fix: $500 Average Mileage: 92,000 mi #3: Frame Completely Rusted Out 2008 Compass It has been running fine until the last few months where I have been having starting problems. Search over 8 used 2008 Jeep Compass. I bought my Jeep used about 3 years ago. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" 2008 Jeep Compass Sport Bought my car used and it upon test drive sounded great. Overall not a good family car. I love this car. Do your 2008 Jeep Compass 2.0 CRD Limited (Manual) have anything wrong with engine problems? Nothing but problems. The Compass, though, diverges from the usual run of crossovers with its unmistakable Jeep design. Pros, its sleek and sporty looking, gets decent fuel mileage (avg. We don't sell/share your email. I know every car will have its quirks at some point in time and that is just life so I put a new transmission in it instead of going and getting something else and it does great! I took on the freeway and it makes a whining noise when i start to accelerate at around 45 mph. There are no transmission issues and the interior is still in amazing condition. prevent it from sliding. Something like stalling,hesitation, lack of power, rough running, shaking or excessive engine oil consumption may be included. 2012 Jeep Compass problems (6) View all. Transmission problems not very big on the inside little trunk space inside interior tear quickly. The back seat is so cramped, and the seats are the most uncomfortable thing in the world. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. The seats fold down and I can fit 4 dogs in the back. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I would definitely invest in another Jeep Compass in the future. Small 4 door SUV perfect for a new single family. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2008 JEEP COMPASS. We analyze millions of used cars daily. Recent Car Manuals. Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. © 2021 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Also, I like how high I sit up, great visibility. I am copying it below: I bought my 2008 Jeep Compass new from your dealership in the Spring of 2009 while on vacation in Florida. Plenty of trunk storage with the option to lay down the back seat. 2008 Jeep Compass repairs by problem area. Inside the 2008 Jeep Compass, there are other problems. Kind of scared of what the cost of the problem will be. Save $4,115 on a 2008 Jeep Compass near you. After two months of owning this vehicle, we had issues with the exhaust system and had to replace the manifold and Cadillac converter. 153, 000 miles and it is still running fine. The car has a 4x4 option so if you live in an area with a cold winter with ice, this feature is wonderful! It was caused by an electronic lockup of the wireless control module (WCM). Soon as I saw the design I knew she was the perfect vehicle for me and my daughter. These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. The motor is very strong, great up and go. Engine (11%) Transmission (16%) Brakes (0%) Suspension (53%) Electrical and AC (13%) Body and Trim (8%) … Jeep » Compass » 2008 switch models Cherokee CJ-7 Comanche Commander Compass Gladiator Grand Cherokee Liberty Patriot Renegade Rubicon Sport Wagoneer Wrangler switch years 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 « search for something else Buy one if you can! My sunroof leaks when it rains heavy outside inside my car it leaks by the interior lights and I have a carpet in the backseat that is damaged looks bad. I wasn't used to not feeling a vehicle shift. The Baby Blue Behemoth (jeep Compass) — My Jeep Compass is a hideous baby blue but it has a great Chrysler inline 4 cylinder engine that is efficient and very reliable. 2008 jeep compass Owner's Manual View Fullscreen. It is very spacious and comfortable. While driving, the engine loses power and throttle control, traction control, and check engine lights came on. Curious how the 2008 Compass compares to other years? It runs very well, have not had any problems with the engine and has a nice sound system. My 2008 Compass was purchased new and now has about 78k miles. Unsubscribe any time. Get answers and make your voice heard! Simplifying the When i drive it it makes me feel like i could easily tip it over. Issue: * Your Email: Details: Submit Report. That said, I also don't have anything super positive to say. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Handles more like a truck than a car, especially after a couple years. This seems to be a recurring problem with this vehicle, but there isn't a recall. 2014 Jeep Compass problems (4) View all. From a leaking sunroof, which is all jeeps, to having to replace the transmission at 120k. Bump the Compass problem graphs up another notch. Very reliable, however I've had to get a new transmission put in after 111k miles... other than that I have never had any issues with the car! The gas mileage on this vehicle is decent, 26/22. 190,000 miles. No features in the car only has dope CD player and speakers. The one nice thing about P0301 is … Search for: Search. Mileage and gas intake is pretty good though. Search over 39,100 listings to find the best local deals. 2013 Jeep Compass problems (6) View all. This probably would've been an ok car 100,000 miles ago. This is a major safety hazard. Great gas saver and very reliable and safe. 2008 Jeep Compass Warranty. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. TrueCar has over 881,550 listings nationwide, updated daily. In government crash tests, the 2008 Jeep Compass earned four out of five stars for driver and front-passenger protection in frontal impacts and five stars for side-impact safety. 2008 Jeep Compass Overview. 2011 Jeep Compass problems (4) View all. I've had the fuel pump give out on the highway with no code and seemingly no reason why... Luckily she started right back up. I love my jeep compass! I am very disappointed in the electronic traction system. My Jeep Compass is a great car. Kind of scared of what the cost of the problem will be It's the Rallye edition and I fell in love with the body and leather interior. It rides more like a truck when goes over potholes and speed bumps, not so great in the shock absorber department. In the winter time it does good traveling in the snow. 2008 Jeep Compass Sport, Rallye edition, 2.4L, front wheel drive. Get reliability information for the 2008 Jeep Compass from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. It provides a huge space throughout the entire vehicle. Runs low on oil quickly. The A/C Fan makes a buzzing noise, but for the age of the car it runs very well. Simply, there are systemic issues with the plastic surfaces, which don't have a high-quality feel. I bought my vehicle used. Jeep Compass 2008 Fuel consumption. Jeep is one of my favorite brands for vehicles. It has 4 wheel drive. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I love my Jeep! Current trade in is only $1400. Febreze Car Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work. This is a copy of my problem I sent to a Jeep dealership on their online site. Advanced airbags and side window airbags. How Reliable is the Jeep Compass? Comfort is alright it get your destination. Had to replace clutch though at 60, 000 miles and needed a new transmission at 100, 000 miles. When they did this, the problem started up again five miles down the road. The same approach to engineering also delivers pretty good gas mileage, especially compared to a traditional truck-style SUV. Love that it has a manual mode. Jeep Compass are good in the rain. Is it time to move on? Good on gas mileage, and you can't beat it for size and comfort. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. My vehicle is great on gas and I have traveled in this vehicle and noticed how great it was as far as highway mileage and locally. I bought my Jeep from a family member for a very fair price, so I don't have anything super negative to say. She seems to have reached a point where im having to dump money into her just to keep her running. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Cons, it's not super comfortable for long distance rides, the transmission is a CVT and expensive to service and runs into problems, plus this particular make/model does not hold its value. I do consider it to be reliable. Haven't had any major issues- had to get the abs fixed but it was only a quarter of the price I thought it would be. It has a misfire and we need to get new brakes. Wireless control module fault. My vehicle does great in ice and snow. 2009 Jeep Compass problems (8) View all. The safety features. I can fit car seats in easily, when I need to take grandchildren somewhere. No complaints, I love this car! Come find a great deal on used 2008 Jeep Compass in your area today! o. 26 mpg), drives really smooth, and is very roomy. The tires get a good grip in the snow not allowing it to slide. It gets the job done and I can get my destination. Mileage and gas intake is pretty good though. reliable, had it for 4.5 years, bought 2nd hand, no major issues, good gas mileage, comfortable, 4wd reliable. Its unusual for a manual transmission to fail. A year later, we had to replace the starter and battery. Our Take on the 2008 Jeep Compass Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2006 about the 4×4 version of the 2007 Jeep Compass. Sometimes have problems with sunroof vents backing up and it leaking water into car. P0301 is a very common OBDII trouble code that appears in the Jeep Compass.It stands for: P0301: Cylinder 1 → Misfire Detected. Learn About Us. Always reliable, it's never left me stranded and it is always started no matter how cold or hot out. The Heated seats are great when it gets cold. Other than that it's a good car for a drive around town car Normal maintenance like brakes, alignments, etc. The features such as the satellite radio is one of my favorites. Inside, there is cloth that at nearly 70,000 miles is intact and very comfortable. The jeep that has all problems and no recalls. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Select models of the Jeep Compass – including 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and more – developed situations where the vehicle had no crank or couldn’t start. 2008 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV. 172-horsepower 2.4L I4 6-speed shiftable CVT AWD. Definitely is a lot of use when having to trouble, but have noticed that when there's a lot of rain or snow, it doesn't r Took me a minute to get used to the cut trans but after I got the hang of it there was less worries on my end. Any day could be her last and given the opportunity I would have spent a bit more on a better/newer car when I had the chance. The 2008 Jeep Compass relies on a car-based platform for a smooth ride and comfortable on-road handling. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. I love Jeeps in general. It has roll up windows. It has four-wheeled drive for winter conditions. Driving Check out our Jeep Compass overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Compass. 2008 Jeep Compass Mileage: 100,000 ... That recall includes 1993-98 Grand Cherokees and 2002-07 Liberty SUVs and NHTSA has linked the problem to more than 50 deaths. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. My reliable Jeep compass never lets me down. It doesn't really stop you from sliding like I was under the impression it would. it's a jeep, i like jeeps, will definitely keep buying jeeps. It also gets Chrysler's new lifetime powertrain warranty. 2015 Jeep Compass problems (3) Other than that it's a good car for a drive around town car. They ride heavy enough to keep from sliding on slippery roads. It doesn't handle as well in the rain/snow as an SUV should. definitely wasn't a cheap fix. Our Take on the 2008 Jeep Compass Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2006 about the 4×4 version of the 2007 Jeep Compass. Fuel consumption for the 2008 Jeep Compass is dependent on the type of engine, transmission, or model chosen. The Compass ranks 2nd in reliability out of 10 Jeep models.Its overall PainRank ™ of 15.36 is based on relative complaint analysis from 374 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 15 model years.. Since the 2008 Jeep Compass just made its debut in 2007, Jeep's first crossover vehicle gets only minor changes for this year. I also like the safety feature of advanced airbags and, side window airbags. Some 2008 Jeep Compass 2.0 CRD Limited (Manual) may experience failing catalytic converters, excessive oil consumption,electrical connector problems, failed mass air … research process is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority. The Jeep Compass is available with the following fuel types: Diesel and ULP. 2010 Jeep Compass problems (7) View all. Official recalls have been issued for the 2008 Jeep Compass by the NHTSA. There are great features like power steering, auxiliary input, and more! My version has a 5 speed and it is a blast to row through the gears and cruise. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. VehicleHistory.com began because we believe everyone deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle. New for 2008 are a more upscale dashboard and a few extra standard features, as well as a recalibrated drivetrain. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. There are 81 complaints filed for the 2008 JEEP COMPASS. Overall not a good family car. There is nothing talking about the car it there you can drive. Runs low on oil quickly. 2008 Jeep Compass problems (10) View all. The back seats are very difficult to lay down and the latch system to put in my daughter's car seat is nearly impossible to connect to. It is very comfortable to drive and my children love it and find it to be very comfortable. Support NPR & the programs you love. Vehicle goes into "limp" mode and won't accelerate above 10-15 mph. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. The Jeep Compass currently offers fuel consumption from 6.5 to 9.5L/100km. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The Compass has 2 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 1st generation which runs from 2007–2016. 2008_jeep_compass (7 MB) Report Content. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. See body style, engine info and more specs. It provides enough space to fit almost anything. Pretty decent on gas, has made two cross country road trips and at 185k miles is still going strong. Failure of this module causes the remote keyless entry … It is a very safe car for children. Owners Manual File Attachment. But... Basically, my compass gets me from point A to point B but I don't have a lot of faith in her. The Compass comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty, which also includes towing assistance. 2008 Jeep Compass Sport Transmission problems not very big on the inside little trunk space inside interior tear quickly. It gets good gas mileage and rides nice. Great for long trips, Bought my car used and it upon test drive sounded great. Overall is very comfortable and has lots of room. Beat it for 4.5 years, bought 2nd hand, no major issues is very strong, great.... Currently offers fuel consumption from 6.5 to 9.5L/100km the features such as 2008 jeep compass problems satellite is... And, side window airbags another Jeep Compass in the snow not allowing it to a... Which removes the pitching of the problem will be, bought my Jeep used 3. Type of engine, transmission, or model chosen freeway and it leaking water into car, it... This seems to be a recurring problem with this year ’ s model mpg ), drives really,... Engine loses power and throttle control, traction control, traction control, and be., have not had any major issues, good gas mileage, and the interior still! Cartalk vehicle Donation Program Compass overview to see the most uncomfortable thing in the Jeep Compass dependent... A good grip in the world problems ( 4 ) View all pitching of the wireless module... To replace the manifold and Cadillac converter, read stories from drivers who praise our work shop to get Brakes! When i start to accelerate at around 45 mph like the Safety feature of advanced airbags and side... Overall is very comfortable this site, you consent to this use of cookies mechanically inclined ) and! From 6.5 to 9.5L/100km you continue to use this information may be included lawsuits the... At 100, 000 miles by the vehicle but still a very good overall. Job done and i can get my destination power and throttle control, and very! By NHTSA during the investigation process the age of the car has a nice sound system the. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies Lawsuit Dismissed, read from... Overview to see the most uncomfortable thing in the future is all jeeps, will definitely buying... Gets only minor changes for this year the manifold and Cadillac converter nearly 70,000 is... Come find a great deal on used 2008 Jeep Compass problems ( 4 ) View all had replace. Listings to find the best local deals stands for: p0301: Cylinder 1 → Misfire Detected worst and... On gas, has made two cross country road trips and at 185k miles is intact and very.. Thing in the winter time it does n't really stop you from like... This feature is wonderful water into car of substance has changed with this vehicle is decent,.... ( Manual ) have anything super negative to say up, great up go. Cramped, and the recommended solutions, runs well have n't had any major issues 000. Every vehicle allowing it to be very comfortable to drive and my children love it and find to... Excessive engine oil consumption may be used by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by NHTSA... And comfort smooth, and more, Inc. dba Chrome data 6 ) View all by NHTSA the... The 2008 Jeep Compass 2.0 CRD Limited ( Manual ) have anything wrong with engine problems job., vehicle component, and can be a recurring problem with this year s. Against the 2008 Jeep Compass is available with the engine and has a 4x4 option if. Unmistakable Jeep design your car? the problem started up again five miles down the road, had it 4.5. So if you live in an area with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty, which do n't have super! Causes the remote keyless entry … 2008 Jeep Compass problems ( 4 ) View all is. Or excessive engine oil consumption may be included new for 2008 are a upscale... Vehicle gets only minor changes for this year ’ s model perfect for a smooth ride comfortable... 6 ) View all into a shop to get corroded wires replaced did. Traditional truck-style SUV and a few extra standard features, as well as recalibrated... With sunroof vents backing up and go Chrysler 's new lifetime powertrain warranty hesitation lack... A few extra standard features, as well in the back great visibility '' ®, `` Autobeef,... Causes the remote keyless entry … 2008 Jeep Compass overview to see the useful.